Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Engraver

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey people,
    I have a Remington 870 super express magnum and im looking to get some engraving on it. Nothing fancy just want 2 words put on it (10 letters).

does anyone know of a good engraver over here i have tryed looking and even spoke to a custom rifle builder and he doesnt know of any.

Any help would be appreciated as i really dont wanna send my baby to England or the states.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You could try some jewellers that do in shop engraving..

Call in in advance and explain what you want done and make an appointment to have the gun done while you are present. You cant leave the gun with them but disassemble it and bring in the part you want engraved...10 letters wont take long

Do not turn up with the gun without prior warning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

Ha i spose turning up at a jewellers and pulling out a pump action shotgun without telling then first could raise a few eyebrows lol i will have a ring around some jewellers but do you thing they will be able to engrave steel? I know they engrave gold n silver but steel would be a lil tougher????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I'm not to sure but there's only one way to find out..

Should also try and explain as best you can that the gun will be disassembled so they'll me more at ease about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

Thanks Garv will give it a try and i will let u guys know whats happening and of obviously i will explaint that the gun will be dissmantled etc lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement