Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best material for sweaty feet

• 02-07-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

So first of all I am male

when I go on holidays, I tend to wear flips or slip on sandals.

With the heat I presume and along With my sweaty feet, I find that after a while of walking my flip flops / sandals become sweaty to the point where it's difficult to walk as the footbed is all slippy due to my feet sweating.

What is the best material for the footbed ( i.e. where the sole of your foot is directly in contact with ) of a flip flop / sandal to reduce feet sweating ?

P.S. I don't want this thread to turn in to remedies to stop feet sweating a lot ; )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

I think it depends how much of the foot is covered on top. I can't wear plastic shoes because my feet start to swell in the heat, leather is much better. However I have no problems wearing plastic flip flops (Ipanema type) because there is only thin plastic band on top. My son has very sweaty feet and I mostly buy Geox shoes for him and they seem to be good. Price or brand isn't necessary great indicator, I remember a friend cursing leather Boss sandals.

I'd either buy something leather or canvas from Teva, Geox or similar brand or maybe first try some cheap thong style flip flops and then go for more expensive option if they don't work.

Whatever you do, don't buy something in this style with plastic inner or upper part of the sandal.
    http://www.spartoo.eu/Geox-STRADA-x120836.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks for the detailed reply. In my case, my feet sweat in flip flops, so only a small part of my foot is covered. My problem is that I do indeed sweat - even in flip flops......like ipanema ones for example. I've tried lots of different flip flops, but the footbed of all these has been plastic or rubber, so I was thinking maybe the rubber or plastic footbed is what's causing the issue. 

And I heard before that a genuine leather footbed on a flip flop could hinder one sweating as much than one with a plastic or rubber footbed. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

I can't guarantee you anything but I would go for Geox or for some sporty sandals that are intended for longer wear. Or you can go for flip flops with perforated and brushed leather sole (never shinny leather).

http://www.spartoo.eu/Columbia-MANAROLA-x36583.php

Btw the models linked are just examples, I have no idea how good or bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

suede is good for sweaty feet anything that is plastic or manufactured plastics woven in will just contain the sweat make it worse,stick to non man made fibres if you can,its like your socks (if you wear them),the 100 % cotton ones will not sweat your feet..

• Advertisement
Advertisement