Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics/economy in AH

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Can we have politics left in the political forum.
    Anything football related is always sent to the soccer forum, why should politics be different.
    Ever since the country when down the crapper, AH is over run with politics.
    It's mind numbing at this stage. I can't get away from politics. It's everywhere, TV, radio and now is over run in After Hours too.
    The economy too.
    It never used to be so bad but it's just starting to take over!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Right now, theres 2 threads about it on the main page, hardly over-saturation Teddy. It was much worse a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think some politics is good in AH it is interesting to some of us and it's what's happening right now in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

But it's 00:40 Monday morning and people are posting in thread about farting in public...
    I meant to post this on Friday I think it was when I noticed 4 theads on the main page. On a Friday:(
    Even on page 2 there's more political drivel just waiting to be bumped up.
    I don't see why it can't be all put in the political forum in the same way Soccer threads are generally unacceptable in AH, seeing as there is a perfectly good politics forum for people who want to ramble about politicians for eternity.

Edit - Also, I'm now counting 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Perhaps you should avoid AH for a while, until it dies down on the politics front

Perhaps you should avoid AH for a while, until it dies down on the politics front
    Going to give you a reply from me, and one from El Weirdo here.

1. NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    2. And to think, people actually wanted to get rid of this fellow
      >:rolleyes:
    Pick which ever one you like:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Was the second part of your post not said in relation to one of your posts recently? Flutt had better posts in AH than you have here...

I don't wanna post in Politics because the rules are too strict for my liking, but calling all politicians a cnut in AH is OK, so AH should be allowed to have those discussions, as long as we are fair about who we call a cnut!

Was the second part of your post not said in relation to one of your posts recently? Flutt had better posts in AH than you have here...

I don't wanna post in Politics because the rules are too strict for my liking, but calling all politicians a cnut in AH is OK, so AH should be allowed to have those discussions, as long as we are fair about who we call a cnut!
    Flutt was a troll and i couldnt give a **** what it posted or why you feel that was relevant to post. Im a real person. And no, it wasn't said to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

In order to re-invent the wheel one must first understand first that it never stops turning.

In order to re-invent the wheel one must first understand first that it never stops turning.
    Yes but its no longer turning forwards is what the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You have to have a happy balance in AH, some serious, some funny and there is more funny than serious.
    Lets face it silly funny gets boring after awhile or its ok during the night but not all day. You have to have interesting threads as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The forum represents the population at large.

Sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

, but calling all politicians a cnut in AH is OK, so AH should be allowed to have those discussions, as long as we are fair about who we call a cnut!

Ummm, No its not....

Interest in AH comes and goes. It's a bit like TCN.... Some weeks you like it, other weeks you don't. You appear to be experiencing an off week. Take the previous advice given, give AH a break for a while and when the mood takes you in a few weeks head back in. I'm sure Keith Biko and bollocko will be waiting with open arms.

:)

MugMugs wrote: »
    Interest in AH comes and goes. It's a bit like TCN.... Some weeks you like it, other weeks you don't. You appear to be experiencing an off week. Take the previous advice given, give AH a break for a while and when the mood takes you in a few weeks head back in. I'm sure Keith Biko and bollocko will be waiting with open arms.

:)
    :D
    Lol, you're right. I just get sick of seeing "TDs Expenses", "Enda tells man to get a dog" and "How to scrap teh dole" threads.

AH needs more Pighead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I very nearly typed out the below reply but luckily stopped myself just in time:

'Teddy, why don't you start your own thread on AH if you don't like the ones on the front page?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

:D
    Lol, you're right. I just get sick of seeing "TDs Expenses", "Enda tells man to get a dog" and "How to scrap teh dole" threads.

AH needs more Pighead ;)
    Where To wrote: »
    'Teddy, why don't you start your own thread on AH if you don't like the ones on the front page?'

Where To is right. AH isn't a TV show that has too many political episodes these days. Any user who wants to improve the overall quality of the posts in any forum simply has to
    post better posts.

Where To is right. AH isn't a TV show that has too many political episodes these days. Any user who wants to improve the overall quality of the posts in any forum simply has to
    post better posts.
    Yes but my point is that Soccer isn't allowed as there is a forum for that, whereas politics infests AH worse than TB ever did the Isle of Man.
    Politics and Religion, why can't they just **** off:rolleyes:
    I can actually relate to several dictators in this sense.

If I.wanted to discuss politics I'd rather AH over Politics. I've got a posting style I.don't think would be suited to the Politics forum.

I went into AH after reading this thread Teddy. I saw a thread about body hair, smoking women and the Orange order marching in Dublin. I don't see the issue or indeed how AH now is any.different to last year....

MugMugs wrote: »
    If I.wanted to discuss politics I'd rather AH over Politics. I've got a posting style I.don't think would be suited to the Politics forum.

I went into AH after reading this thread Teddy. I saw a thread about body hair, smoking women and the Orange order marching in Dublin. I don't see the issue or indeed how AH now is any.different to last year....
    Well it was last night I think I posted the OP. But maybe everyone read this thread now and is following my orders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If I'm reading or replying to a political thread I would rather it be AH. No disrespect to the political forum but an AH thread would not have half the political jargon or arguement, and would appeal more to your everyday joesoap.

• Advertisement

Ok so the consensus is I'm wrong, again:P
    One day I'll get it right.
    One day very, VERY soon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

For the record lads, there is a much less serious sub-forum with the Politics section that we've trialling for a good while now. It just doesn't get the traffic tbh, but it does seem like there is a demand for it.

It's here if anyone is interested...

Advertisement