Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 15 Scheduling **Tuesday-Saturday**

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So the Chargers are playing their game at some time tomorrow and the league will be advanced. Here are the fixtures:

Redkins (SwankyTortoise) @ Panthers (CPU)
    Saints (CPU) @ Buccaneers (ibm1984)
    Broncos (CPU) @ Chiefs (Darbey)
    Raiders (asmosis7) @ Chargers (specsy)
    Lions (Eamonn87) @ Packers (Ben SFC)

Dolphins (CPU) @ Titans (Kaiche)
    Steelers (CPU) @ Bengals (BigBadRob83)
    Ravens (CPU) @ Browns (CPU)
    Texans (Pudsy33) @ Jaguars (CPU)
    49ers (adro76) @ Rams (ali g no1)
    Patriots (CPU) @ Colts (CPU)
    Giants (etloveslsd) @ Falcons (Notyalc666)
    Vikings (CPU) @ Bears (p4ddy31)
    Cowboys (CPU) @ Eagles (CPU)
    Bills (DangerDavo85) @ Jets (Berty44)
    Cardinals (CPU) @ Seahawks (QKitten83)

Key games as usual in bold. 3 divisonal rivalries await us.

The first is the Raiders against the Chargers: Though the fans at these games have been known to be rowdy and I have heard people don't like taking their kids to Raiders-Chargers, there doesn't seem to be the same animosity between the 2 actual teams. Nevertheless there have been quite a few big games historically between these 2 teams, one being the famous "holy roller" game in which Ken Stabler famously deliberately fumbled the ball forward to prevent the game ending, an the Raiders picked it up and scored. The Raiders again got the better of the Chargers in the 1980 AFC championship game and have been the Chargers bogey team in recent years, however the Chargers won the last meeting in the NFL, which was sweet as it kept Oakland out of the playoffs. In the BFL, I have been a bit of a bogey for the Chargers since that famous 4th quarter disconnect. They never seem to bring it against us and I hope to go to 4-0 before we likely split up into different divisions next year. There's really not much at stake, but it's a rivalry.

The second one is the big one. The biggest game of the year so far. The Commish against the Commish. Lions-Packers. The Lions were upset by the Seahawks this week and the Packers are poised to pounce and retake the division lead from the Lions. The last meeting was an absolute classic. The Lions scored 14 points in 18 seconds to tie the game inside the 2 minute warning but Mason Crosby hit over a last second 26 yard field goal to win 37-34.

The third one is Bills Jets: The Bills must be fed up with playing the Jets at this stage, having never won. Berty reckons the Bills will win this it seems. I'm more skeptical. Berty must remember he's playing for seeding here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    The second one is the big one. The biggest game of the year so far. The Commish against the Commish. Lions-Packers. The Lions were upset by the Seahawks this week and the Packers are poised to pounce and retake the division lead from the Lions. The last meeting was an absolute classic. The Lions scored 14 points in 18 seconds to tie the game inside the 2 minute warning but Mason Crosby hit over a last second 26 yard field goal to win 37-34..

How do you remember this? Or did i just block it out of my memory. Really hate these games against santry, he usually edges me out in the minute of the game and beats me by one score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I have been luck to beat the Bills on the last two occasions. in particular our last meeting Jets definitely got lucky.

Dave, could you do Tuesday night @ 10:15?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you remember this? Or did i just block it out of my memory. Really hate these games against santry, he usually edges me out in the minute of the game and beats me by one score.

Well I went back and looked at the box score.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Lexie Damp Steamer

Lads what happens if I end up with the same record as one of the NFC north teams does it go by points differential or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads what happens if I end up with the same record as one of the NFC north teams does it go by points differential or what

Conference record then common opponents after that I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I should follow the NFL rules:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

For Wild card , where 2 teams are from different divisions with the same record:

Head-to-head, if applicable.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    Strength of victory.
    Strength of schedule

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Berty44 wrote: »
    I have been luck to beat the Bills on the last two occasions. in particular our last meeting Jets definitely got lucky.

Dave, could you do Tuesday night @ 10:15?

Tuesday sounds good, will i be able to find away to beat the jets ? But im not really playing for anything after the chiefs loss. In saying that, it could be my last chance to beat you in madden 12....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I tried to rejoin the league on the EA website but it's on private? Do I need an invite? I only have a couple of hours to play before I have to head out again so hopefully someone can reply quick!

Lukebray wrote: »
    I tried to rejoin the league on the EA website but it's on private? Do I need an invite? I only have a couple of hours to play before I have to head out again so hopefully someone can reply quick!

Don't you just need to rejoin on the xbox? And when can you play our game?

Don't you just need to rejoin on the xbox?

I'll try that. Can you PM me the name and password please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

See you Tuesday night so Dave. Think you will be in playoffs so it might not be the last we see of each other in this franchise. ( We also have a week 9 in the Pro )

Don't you just need to rejoin on the xbox?

Name is boards. Password is bfl2012

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »
    I should follow the NFL rules:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

For Wild card , where 2 teams are from different divisions with the same record:

Head-to-head, if applicable.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    Strength of victory.
    Strength of schedule

etc.

You are assuming EA follow the rules!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm assuming nothing. I said it "should" work like that. And from what I have seen Madden 12 has it more or less correct.

Not to say it will work all the way down the list to coin toss but I think it will select the right players for wildcards.

League can be advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Luke, i think there is an invite waiting for you anyway.

Santry, i should be about wednesday evening or thursday evening to play. Anytime after 7 really

Edit - is this gameweek now monday to friday?

Raoul wrote: »
    Edit - is this gameweek now monday to friday?

Well it hasn't been advanced yet.

Edit: Luke I know you said Tuesday/Wednesday in the pm but if you can do tonight I'll be on.

We'll leave the fixtures as Tuesday-Saturday. I'll advance it around 8pm.

Eamonn,

Wednesday evening would be best if possible.

League is advanced.

Ali, when suits? I'm around tomorrow and wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ali, when suits? I'm around tomorrow and wednesday.
    Earlyish wednesday suits say one?

madalig12 wrote: »

Sorry, I meant in the evenings on tuesday or wednesday. Should have been more clear in my post.

Sorry, I meant in the evenings on tuesday or wednesday. Should have been more clear in my post.
    Tuesday evening may suit. ill pm you a time as soon as i know.

OK, let me know when you can...

OK, let me know when you can...
    Anytime today from now.

Anytime today from now.

OK, What about 8pm? Is that ok?

Anytime today from now.

OK, What about 8pm? Is that ok?

That is ok.

Luke can we play tonight?

7pm would be best for me tomorrow Eamonn if you can make it.

• Advertisement

Hi Matthew sorry it's late, was out all night. Am available now but if not I can play tomorrow at sometime if that suits?

Advertisement