Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircoms unlimited broadband actually unlimited?

• 02-07-2012 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, so at the moment my bandwidth for the month with Eircom is 30gb, but I want to upgrade to the unlimited bandwidth. I'm not sure where I heard it, but I heard that it wasn't actually unlimited? https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e1s1

2nd/3rd option I'm talking about.

I could just be really dumb, but just making sure, is it unlimited? Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

There's no such thing as unlimited when it comes to broadband.
    With Next Generation Broadband Regular you have an unlimited monthly allowance. This is subject to a fair usage policy of 250GB per month. For more information see the standard Broadband Terms and Conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

There's no such thing as unlimited when it comes to broadband.

Oh ok, so it's not unlimited but 250gb a month? I don't think I'd go over that anyway.. :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No sooner did UPC cop on to the fact that it is better to be honest with customers than Eircom went in the opposite direction.

A fair usage policy is a cap. And any company that claims to sell an "unlimited" product with a so called fair usage policy is lying plain and simple.

Advertisement