Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling

Options
  • 02-07-2012 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to ask a quick question about cancelling a bill.

Do I need to give notice? Or get someone else to take over?

Im in a house share and the esb bill comes out of my account. Our next bill is due in three weeks. So thats it for another two months. Right now im so lost, I am hoping to have work by September which I will have to move for. So could the bill be cancelled in the middle of August when I move?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello HardLuckWoman,

We do not require notice to close an account, but when you are moving out of the property you should take a meter reading on that day. If you call us with that reading we can then close your account and send you a final bill for whatever has been used up to that point. We would also require the name and telephone number of someone looking to take over the account.

Regards,
    Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

So the day I move out and take the meter reading, could I get someone to tell me how much the bill is over the phone. Cause its shared between four people and if I move, they're not going to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi HardLuckWoman,

Yes we would be able to tell you how much the bill is for over the phone. We can also forward the bill to a new address if this makes things easier in any way or you could set up online billing which should mean you will receive the bill faster.

Regards,
    Mark

Advertisement