Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone options for Flordia holiday

Options
  • 02-07-2012 9:02am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, not into mobiles at all, however got caught with a breakdown on my last visit to the US which drained my PAYG balance in one call so want to be better prepared for upcoming 4 week visit.
    I have a Sony Expiria Mini with O2 on prepay which is currently locked to the o2 network.
    The options I'm thinking of are.....

Just bring and ocassionaly use my current phone, suffer the roaming charges for call only, I would not get to use data because of the roaming charges.

Buy a US sim like this one on ebay, but I'd have to unlock my current phone, not sure how to do this? And is that a good sim card to get for US visit? Would I get to use data e.g. check out waiting times in Disney app?

Get this guy shipped to my local Walmart, disadvantage being I'll have two mobiles which I would not like to be carrying around and the phone on this one would be crap compared to my Sony and no data.

Appreciate any thoughts ye folk in the know would have?
    Cheers

My mint Tesla Model 3 for quick sale

Tesla Model 3 link

Comments

Advertisement