Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more BOI

Options
  • 02-07-2012 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I(was) a customer of BOI until,i found out that something important for me!

As a foreigner I have open an account with BOI in 2003 and was using my account, with direct debit,paid wages,international money transfer,etc.

After economic bloom I lost my job, couldn't stand for quarterly fee charge of €13-16 every 3 months, even though I was using internet banking and my balance was up high for me(!)

I called in to one of BOI branch and asked the girl in CS about €15 every 3months coming out from my account,

She said to me that i need to use Laser Card,internet banking,and keep some money in account, then she said €15 will return to my acc.

After some stage I realized that Account Fees never returns to me!I rang CS and told me that i have to use 365.ie(so do i) and i have to keep my account balance over €3000 in a year.
    But I cant, I am not working, how would i keep 3K in account

I went to my acc branch,I have waited 25 minutes in queue to talk with a member of staff,
    An old lady she cant even able to walk on her feet,just send me away from her head, with quick answers.

From that day BOI is dead for me. I closed my account straight away.

I am so happy now with other banks,except BOI.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi buzz E,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. If there is ever anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

Hi buzz E,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. If there is ever anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
    Tara

thanks for your kind pretend message. I know fact that BOI current fees are most expensive with compare of other national banks. I forgot to add above that when I was with BOI and my weekly wages was paid in to BOI for the last 3 years and sufficient balance in acc, my Credit Card Application was declined with no reason at all. credit card limit was 500eu that time.

then I went to AIB to apply Credit Card, and it was processed in 2 weeks time.
    see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

buzz_E wrote: »
    thanks for your kind pretend message. I know fact that BOI current fees are most expensive with compare of other national banks. I forgot to add above that when I was with BOI and my weekly wages was paid in to BOI for the last 3 years and sufficient balance in acc, my Credit Card Application was declined with no reason at all. credit card limit was 500eu that time.

then I went to AIB to apply Credit Card, and it was processed in 2 weeks time.
    see the difference.

Hey buzz_E same game different shower of shysters. You may have had a bit more luck with AIB but they'll screw you in the end as well.

There is no difference between the big two in this country as they think they are beyond us mere mortals, of course this applies to the top and this poor sod is the unfortunate who has to deal with complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

There is no difference between the big two in this country as they think they are beyond us mere mortals, of course this applies to the top and this poor sod is the unfortunate who has to deal with complaints.

Yeah I could agree that no difference,because their nature is a BANK, they open the bank to make money from money,
    I never got a phone call from Cus,Service of BOI but I got from AiB to check if everything okay with my banking needs,
    How long did I wait in one of branch when i was in last time? these type of questions? it was good, I was very appreciated.,

Any way,at the end of the day, they all care bout the money, not the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

buzz_E wrote: »

Any way,at the end of the day, they all care bout the money, not the people.

And what makes you think Irish banks are or should be different to foreign banks? What happens in banks where you come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hi buzz E,

Regards
    Tara

Hi Tara

Recently at the BoI Head Office I was invted to switch my BoI issued credit card to a newer lower charging rate BoI credit card. But when I realised this involved the whole shooting match of several form filling, identity proofing etc etc I declined the offer. It did strike me as a ridiculous waste of time and unnecessary jumping hoops for an existing and long standing BoI customer. The switch would have also resulted in new card numbers etc and another reason not to switch. Sounds half baked offer with lacking some joined up thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Sonnenblumen,

When you switch over to a different credit card, you are effectively opening a new account. For security reasons, we require up to date proof of name, address, etc for all new accounts.

From time to time, we may offer you another product that we think will suit your needs better. I've forwarded your feedback to our Credit Card applications department.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BowlingLad

Hi Sonnenblumen,

When you switch over to a different credit card, you are effectively opening a new account. For security reasons, we require up to date proof of name, address, etc for all new accounts.

From time to time, we may offer you another product that we think will suit your needs better. I've forwarded your feedback to our Credit Card applications department.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

Just received an email from BOI about this boards.ie service great idea!!.

With all due respect this "security reason" is more bureaucracy then anything else. Funnily enough I just had a direct family member mention this to me last week - after 10 years with the bank, several finished and on going mortgages and always had a healthy balance with no late payments and he has to produce his passport and proof of address to get some small issue or new card sorted. Crazy waste of time for both BOI and their customers.

Advertisement