Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook

Options
  • 02-07-2012 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Can anyone help me with an issue I have with Microsoft Outlook 2003?

At work there have been some changes and I have just noticed a new feature on emails that I am sending.
    When I go to send a new email a blank page comes up and away you go...type your email and send it.
    But what's happening is the recipient is getting that email with a pre written type of auto signature ....it gives my name,the company name and contact details and the all the usual disclaimers. The weird thing is none of this appears on the blank email when writing it so you aren't even aware that any of this is going to appear once sent.
    I have sent an email to myself and tried deleting it all but that doesn't work.
    Does anyone know if its possible to delete it before sending? Maybe a setting somewhere???
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

Try going to:
    Tools > Options > Mail Format > Then changing the signatures to 'None'.

Although I'm not sure why you can't see the signature when you open a new mail...........

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

It may not be a signature. It might be what is called a boilerplate, it's generally added at your mail server and set up by an administrator/IT person. Speak to your admin/IT person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

johnire wrote: »
    Hi.
    Can anyone help me with an issue I have with Microsoft Outlook 2003?

At work there have been some changes and I have just noticed a new feature on emails that I am sending.
    When I go to send a new email a blank page comes up and away you go...type your email and send it.
    But what's happening is the recipient is getting that email with a pre written type of auto signature ....it gives my name,the company name and contact details and the all the usual disclaimers. The weird thing is none of this appears on the blank email when writing it so you aren't even aware that any of this is going to appear once sent.
    I have sent an email to myself and tried deleting it all but that doesn't work.
    Does anyone know if its possible to delete it before sending? Maybe a setting somewhere???
    Thanks!

Check to make sure your email is set to use HTML rather than plain text.
    I have the same in mine as by default outlook will use text email rather than html.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi,
    To resolve your problem,you should follow the following steps :
    :)
    1- Whenever start with new message,find message tab in include group then click signature option

2- Click E-mail Signature tab under default signature for New messages list then mark none

3- Now click on OK

4- You can remove signature manually opt for the signature and press DELETE.

Then your message not shows signature when you start with new mail.

Regards
    Jane parker

Advertisement