Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank customers - Have you had a salary payment since the 21st June?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Monthly salary due on 24th (and usually when it falls due on a weekend it appears overnight on the Friday night) - still no sign of it appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was supposed to get paid on the 22nd, still no sign of it, i didnt even know the company were with ulster bank until we got an e-mail from accounts thursday the 21st,
    I was thinking it may be a day or two late not a week and a half, its a very irish thing to happen though,

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Was due to get paid on 21 June as was my wife,we haven't had a cent paid in yet.....disgraceful...and again I ask why have we been treated as second class citizens.....the UK problem was sorted in days and there are many more million a/c holders over there,pay day is on Thurs again...are we hopeful......NOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Well done to the OP for organising this and for going on the Joe Duffy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I was due a transfer into my UB current account on 20th June. I'm self employed and the transfer was basically my monthly pay from a business account. This money still hasn't shown up but since then UB have managed to take my mortgage payment and this along with in-branch cash withdrawls and another SO have been processed, leaving me massively overdrawn.

I now have to pay for Diesel and other on-going work expenses on my credit card (also UB) which I am unable to pay back which is inevitably going to end up costing me more.

My wife and I have a joint savings account with UB which has money put aside for house improvements for our first baby which is due early October and I now can't pay for plastering, carpeting, carpentry etc.

My mortgage is with UB (originally with First Active) so I'm in a position where I just can't walk away from them, much as I'd love to.

My one hope in all this is that somehow my mortgage and credit card balance will get written off when the whole show collapses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 karr3

we're in the US with my husbands job..he was due to be paid on the 21st June and this coming Thursday...not feeling confident...they're helpline was absolutely useless..she hadn't a clue about what to do about overseas customers..told me twice I could go to my local branch and withdraw cash..this was after me telling her twice we were in the US!! I rang my local branch and they will do a western union transfer of money to us and cover the charges..I pointed out to them that the WU exchange rate was a lot lower than the UB exchange rate and they said they would pay us the difference too..but when?? I smell a rat with this "technical glitch" excuse and am beginning to feel it's something a lot bigger....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

karr3 wrote: »
    we're in the US with my husbands job..he was due to be paid on the 21st June and this coming Thursday...not feeling confident...they're helpline was absolutely useless..she hadn't a clue about what to do about overseas customers..told me twice I could go to my local branch and withdraw cash..this was after me telling her twice we were in the US!! I rang my local branch and they will do a western union transfer of money to us and cover the charges..I pointed out to them that the WU exchange rate was a lot lower than the UB exchange rate and they said they would pay us the difference too..but when?? I smell a rat with this "technical glitch" excuse and am beginning to feel it's something a lot bigger....:(

I feel sorry for anyone, who was/is abroad when this - as they named it - "technical glitch" occured. They did offer you quick money transfer, so they did what they were supposed to do.
    I wouldn't worry about exchange rate - i sent a lot of money in the past using WU, and their exchange rate was always acceptable, on many occasions better than the one offered by my bank/local money shops.
    Always thought they make money in transfer charges (these are not cheap) rather than on exchange rates.
    Never asked to pay out in US dollars tough...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

No wages since last week. Got a call today from Three to say my account was being suspended because my payment is three days late, you would think they would read a newspaper!!! Worse still Im AIB (my employer is ulster) and have been charged for returned direct debits (over €50), money which I will not see again because I am not a direct Ulster Bank Account holder!

That's ridiculous attitude on the part of customer service. You would have thought they would have listened to the news! This is the text I got from meteor the other day!
    as a Meteor customer using Direct Debit, we know you may be experiencing some issues or delays with Ulster Bank. We would like to assure you that we are monitoring these issues and once resolved, we will process any outstanding payments. Your mobile service will continue as normal while Ulster Bank works to resolve their issues.

The fact is from what I've heard dds are as far back as the 22nd in some cases. These companies should have some understanding. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

thomasj wrote: »
    That's ridiculous attitude on the part of customer service. You would have thought they would have listened to the news! This is the text I got from meteor the other day!

The fact is from what I've heard dds are as far back as the 22nd in some cases. These companies should have some understanding. :mad:

Have bill pay phone with meteor, and prepaid broadband from Three. It is a bit OT but Meteor has very different attitude toward customers. Last time i missed DD with Meteor, it took them 2 weeks to send me a text message, and allow to give a call and explain what happened. They don't just cut you off. 3 - on the other hand - different approach.

Disconnected after three(3)days??? Harsh. Hope they make things right after one phonecall (it will be more than one from my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

The screw up is that they mauled their internal IT infrastructure and moved it all to a substandard external company under the guise of cost cutting. Even if the CA7 batch system is brought back up to scratch with no more obvious **** ups, there is a number of other essential banking components that are now being run by guys who don't have a clue and have no training.

I'd say you're exagerrating when you say they have "no training", it's the loss of experience that would have been more damaging. Either way, the point is that there isn't another bank out there that would fill you with confidence, they have all mismanged themselves into the ground. If people are going to leave Ulster Bank, they'd be silly to just put all their eggs in one basket with just one other bank.

Once the immediate crisis is over, RBS will have no option but to make major changes to their IT setup in order to regain customer confidence. We're going to open accounts with some other Irish bank, but we'll retain our Ulster Bank accounts too. It just seems the most sensible course of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

If UB is quote unquote regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, then the Central Bank need to start raising ructions to get this farce dealt with. 'The we don't know how long it will take' does not wash anymore! They need to be forced to get their house in order and pronto.
    I agree with the option of being with two banks, it certainly makes sense in the long term because they have all been guilty of giant mistakes in the past. Right now though, this one takes the biscuit!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Monthly wages paid last Thursday 28th and no sign of them yet. :mad:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Monthly wages paid last Thursday 28th and no sign of them yet. :mad:

Ditto :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

My wages are now showing on my available balance, but not in my full statement. (They were paid on the 26th)

Hopefully a sign that things are starting to move

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Paid on the 29th, still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still no wages for either of us and now no children's allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

km79 wrote: »
    Still no wages for either of us and now no children's allowance

Ditto.and rte website says it might not be fixed for another week.i mean what the ****.

As children's allowance was only due into accounts today, I'd be more concerned about wages from the past 10 or so days that people are still waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Still no salary that should've been in my a/c on 21st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Still no sign of wages since 21st of June and now no Children's Allowance either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pockey wrote: »
    As children's allowance was only due into accounts today, I'd be more concerned about wages from the past 10 or so days that people are still waiting for.
    If the childrens allowance had come thru it would have given me some hope though. Opening PTSB account as we speak now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

still no money showing in my accounts.

plenty of debits and duplicate purchases though, theyre well able to slap those on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Well done to the OP for organising this and for going on the Joe Duffy show.

Thanks Hibernicis

I think this is the link

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2012/pc/pod-v-02071220m30sliveline.mp3-pid0-1230744_audio.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

at last, my salary from 22nd June is in. They also took off the duplicate debist they had take, Now just have to wait for hubbys money to come through and we might have our rent sorted! maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Got my salary in just now.
    Was due in the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

does anyone know, now that my salary and all is back shold I go ahead and allow salary for payroll into UB this fortnight or is there a chance they still will not process? Does it work by account fixing or transaction fixing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yay! My wages due in the 21st have just been lodged in the last hour.

My statement says that is was lodged the 26th but that's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

snowgal wrote: »
    does anyone know, now that my salary and all is back shold I go ahead and allow salary for payroll into UB this fortnight or is there a chance they still will not process? Does it work by account fixing or transaction fixing?!

the bank has said it does now not know when everything will be back to normal.

i wouldnt go taking any chances, open an acc with PTSB, thats what many others are doing and rerouting their pay there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Looks like my wife's salary from 22nd has arrived, balance has gone up, although transaction isn't showing. Still missing her wages from 29th, and child benefit today, so looks like they are indeed moving through the domestic accounts backlog here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mac36

Toulouse wrote: »
    Yay! My wages due in the 21st have just been lodged in the last hour.

My statement says that is was lodged the 26th but that's rubbish.

Exactly the same thing on my account. :confused:

Advertisement