Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School exercises during summer holidays for my 11 year old.

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My 11 year old is going into 6th class in September and wants to do 15 minutes of English and 15 minutes of Maths exercises a day to make sure he is as prepared for 6th class as possible. He's a smart young lad but a bit of a messer so his grades don't reflect his ability. He's beginning to realise that you only get one shot at education and wants to 'catchup' so to speak.

I'd really appreciate any input or suggestions on what exercises to give him which will be engaging and appropriate for his age. Ideally I'd like him to engage with the exercises and not see them as 'homework' or some kind of chore he has to do.

I've been looking online for interactive tutorials and the like or simply age appropriate exercises I can download and print off for him but haven't had much look so far.

Ben

Comments

Advertisement