Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal near Tullamore?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I will be down with my parents at the weekend who live near the canal just outside Tullamore. I was wondering does anyone know is there any fishing happening between Tullamore and Ballinagar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Fishing wasnt great on it the last few years. Further from Tullamore the better. It seems to be pickin up though with some people gettin decent bags. Id try near cappincur if i were you. I went to ballycommen a couple of months back, baited in the mornin and back after lunch and got not so much as a bite. Johnny Cunningham tackle shop out in Durrow is the best for tips. He'll send you to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Thanks. I don't know the area at all. Looking at the map, is cappincur between Tullamore and Ballinagar? My folks live near the arial so was going to try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

ah right. Behind the ariel would be ballycommon. As i said it hasn produced for me the last few times iv been there. Yea cappincur, if your heading out from tullamore, there is a left turn, head down there less than half a mile, and you'll meet the bridge, head over it, and go up to the right. Keep goin until a spot takes your fancy. Your folks should know it. If im down with johnny over the next few days il ask where is fishin well.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Nice one thanks. I think I'll give it a go. If I do get out I'll let you know how I got on.

Advertisement