Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guided Meditation CD's

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi :)

I'm looking to get my hands on a guided meditation CD of some kind. Where could I get one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WilliamMelmoth

local_lad wrote: »
    Hi :)

I'm looking to get my hands on a guided meditation CD of some kind. Where could I get one?

Thanks

There are many places online to purchase guided meditation CDs, Amazon, EBay, even free ones on YouTube. it really depends on What kind of journey you wish to take. I think Originalfalcon.com has some good ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

might I recommend John Kabbat Sins Body Scan its very good .

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Id recommend holo sync or hemi sync products (or probably any that utilises binaural beats), especially if your a relative beginner. There available from the companies websites or from amazon etc. Also if you any favorite speakers or teachers, id recommend checking their website for actual guided meditations or for links to meditations they recommend. These might be more along the lines of your tastes. Soundstrue is also a good publishing company that's worth looking at. They have some downloads from loads of different authors. As someone else mentioned youtube is great for that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

The youtube video below is binaural beats and is very good for beginners.It will bring you into a meditive state quickly without trying to still your mind,its a shortcut that works...It has subliminal messages for well being and will balance and open your chakras.Listen twice a day for best results and after a few days you will feel all your chakras opening and it will make you happier and positive.
    HEADPHONES ARE ESSENTIAL!! and make sure you wont be disturbed.
    The youtube video is a short version.if anyone likes it,pm me your email and i will send you the full 20 minute version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P_hgfiSmLM

gillad wrote: »
    The youtube video below is binaural beats and is very good for beginners.It will bring you into a meditive state quickly without trying to still your mind,its a shortcut that works...It has subliminal messages for well being and will balance and open your chakras.Listen twice a day for best results and after a few days you will feel all your chakras opening and it will make you happier and positive.
    HEADPHONES ARE ESSENTIAL!! and make sure you wont be disturbed.
    The youtube video is a short version.if anyone likes it,pm me your email and i will send you the full 20 minute version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P_hgfiSmLM

Not sure about this mate, nearly burst my eardrums.

• Advertisement

It will probably have different effects on different people and may have no effect on others.The first time i listened to it my whole body went tense and i started to shake.I tried it after a few drinks and went into a very deep blissfull state:)....in general my mood and connection to my energy system has increased a lot and it was kickstarted by listening to these binaural beats.

gillad wrote: »
    It will probably have different effects on different people and may have no effect on others.The first time i listened to it my whole body went tense and i started to shake.I tried it after a few drinks and went into a very deep blissfull state:)....in general my mood and connection to my energy system has increased a lot and it was kickstarted by listening to these binaural beats.

It sounds quite powerful. Your right, if it works for you, stick with it. My own personal favorite would be holosync. I tend to go for the relaxing ones, essentially just to help stop my mind wandering.
    e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmwkv6znFJo&feature=related.

Op, if its a purely a spoken work guided meditation you want you could try Pema Chodron, David Hawkins or my own fav, Adyashanti's true meditation.

Joni23 wrote: »
    It sounds quite powerful. Your right, if it works for you, stick with it. My own personal favorite would be holosync. I tend to go for the relaxing ones, essentially just to help stop my mind wandering.
    e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmwkv6znFJo&feature=related.

Op, if its a purely a spoken work guided meditation you want you could try Pema Chodron, David Hawkins or my own fav, Adyashanti's true meditation.

Powerfull......made me skake a bit again:):):)
    Meditation should be mandatory!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tapping girl

There is a great website called Sounds True. If you sign up they regularly give free meditations and stuff away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

loads of simple and useful stuff like this on youtube:

http://youtu.be/_JKCpWqevKw

Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 beyondbreath

Hi
    I have just seen your post and would just like to tell you that I have one guided meditation CD that you might like to try. It has four guided meditations on it and I am getting some lovely feedback from it.
    the meditations are titled:

Dance Naked In The Sun

I Am Presence

Meeting Your Higher Self

Forgiveness Of Mother

The CD is €10. Please let me know on here, or visit my website at www.beyondbreath.net if you would like to order one.

I live 20 minutes from Cork city if you are also interested in meditation classes.

Many blessings,

Pippa @ Beyond Breath Healing Rooms

Advertisement