Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get guided meditation cd's?

• 02-07-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi :)

I'm looking to get my hands on a guided meditation CD of some kind. Where could I get one?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I've never used any, but there are tons on Amazon. Maybe someone can comment on them if they have used them. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=guided+meditation+cds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

TBH not really sure how a CD would work. The whole point in meditation is to sit quietly and just observe your thoughts, and not interact with them. The best analog I have heard for meditation is to imagine you are floating in the sea and a large wave approaches. As it reaches you, you slip under the surface and watch it roll over. There is no interaction. I would imagine listening to a CD involves interaction, thereby defeating the point of meditation. Better to go where others are meditating and join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 blackie100

Try Tharpa.com they have a least 3 guided meditation
    Cd's, that come with a little booklet. Having mediated
    for a number of years, I have realized the importance
    of picking the right meditations, here it done for you.
    here's link http://www.tharpa.com/uk/living-meditation.html

Also if your interested in learning more mediations and
    asking questions try www.mediateinireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I'm listening this at the moment: True Meditation - Adyashanti

He talks about meditation for just over 2 hours then there's 3 guided meditations at the end. I'm just starting but I find it really good. I'm going to use the guided meditations a few more times then meditate in silence from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Dublin buddhist centre has one covering mindfullness and metta. Supposedly very good and a complement to their five week meditation course. Myself i sometimes use www.freebuddhistaudio.com an excellent site. Has tonnes of guided meditations varying in length.

• Advertisement
Advertisement