Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know how to solve this

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi all
    I found these camcorder cassettes in my parents house recently but no camera unfortunately to play them on .They were taken a year before my mother passed away so would love to see what is on them . Is there any device that i can input them into to get them onto my pc ?Any advice would be genuinely appreciated .iphone cache 284.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like a VHS-C tape, so you could either buy an old VHS-C camcorder off ebay for anything from 50-100 quid, or pay this guy to convert it to DVD for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

I'd be careful with the "buy an old VHS-C camcorder" approach though - I remember back when we had one of these (many many years ago!), the camcorder couldn't play the tapes back, they just used an adaptor to allow you to insert the VHS-C tape into a VHS deck and watch it from there.

Some of the more high-end models might work though.

If you have a VHS deck, you could get one of these, and just watch it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

that's a bit crap. :(

if you don't ave a VHS player anywhere, you might as well send it off for that guy to convert to dvd for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 verat

They look similar to my ones. I got a normal sized video tape that my video camera tapes can sit into and I can play them on my video player if that helps. I also have a dvd recorder (which are very cheap nowdays) which I can plug the player into (again I'd say you'd pick up the cables anywhere) and record them myself onto a DVD. You could be charges at least €20 per disc to convert them. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

Thanks for all your help . I'm a bit hesitant to send them off in case something happens them . I think I'll go with the VHS option . Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I'm sure if you ask around you could get a lend of a camcorder to try a transfer yourself.

I may have the correct size camcorder in the attic which you can have if I find it

Advertisement