Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM P Unit query

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I've been on a bit of a mission this week doing all those bits and bobs that I've been meaning to do for some time now.

I have a HKC GSM-P unit. I recently discontinued using their o2 service as frankly, I could top a SIM up myself by 10 quid every six months and spare myself the expense so I did. I replaced the SIM during the weekend and after a bit of fiddling with the control panel I got the alarm to recognise that the "Line Fault" was gone and it's working again now.

When I was having the system installed originally I made sure that the installer gave me the engineer code. I didn't agree that I had to pay for an asset which he would remain in control of with a code that I didn't have. After a good long argument, he gave in and gave me his code.

My query gents is, how do I go about removing one of the pre set numbers from the alarm system ?I've had a fiddle about with the Engineer menu but frankly, can't locate where the numbers are stored. Is there a quick reference guide anybody may have that I can follow and remove one of the numbers?

The reason is that the person who was on the list is no longer in my life and is growing annoyed at random texts to her phone from the alarm when it does send out a text. "Summertime" or "Engineer here" texts.

Second question is, How difficult is it for me to set it so that this GSM unit can control my heating? It's a feature on the system and frankly, I'd like to use it if it wasn't that difficult to do so albeit, I might need help wiring that bit up. :)

I'd appreciate your comments folks as I've found you all very helpful and knowledgeable in the past.

Cheers Gents.

Mugs

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi,
    Ill PM you you the manual for that. Have a look over it and give us a shout back if your still stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi,
    Ill PM you you the manual for that. Have a look over it and give us a shout back if your still stuck.

Thanks for that KoolKid. I've a pretty good handle on what I am doing now so.

With respects to wiring the GSM unit up for heating. Have you any experience in this? Is it a tough job or is there only certain heating systems it will work with etc?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can control pretty much anything. Its basically giving you a switched output . You use that into a 12vdc relay to switch the mains controlling your heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

KoolKid wrote: »
    It can control pretty much anything. Its basically giving you a switched output . You use that into a 12vdc relay to switch the mains controlling your heating.

Sweet. Appreciate that KoolKid :)

No bother. let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

MugMugs wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I've been on a bit of a mission this week doing all those bits and bobs that I've been meaning to do for some time now.

I have a HKC GSM-P unit. I recently discontinued using their o2 service as frankly, I could top a SIM up myself by 10 quid every six months and spare myself the expense so I did. I replaced the SIM during the weekend and after a bit of fiddling with the control panel I got the alarm to recognise that the "Line Fault" was gone and it's working again now.

When I was having the system installed originally I made sure that the installer gave me the engineer code. I didn't agree that I had to pay for an asset which he would remain in control of with a code that I didn't have. After a good long argument, he gave in and gave me his code.

My query gents is, how do I go about removing one of the pre set numbers from the alarm system ?I've had a fiddle about with the Engineer menu but frankly, can't locate where the numbers are stored. Is there a quick reference guide anybody may have that I can follow and remove one of the numbers?

The reason is that the person who was on the list is no longer in my life and is growing annoyed at random texts to her phone from the alarm when it does send out a text. "Summertime" or "Engineer here" texts.

Second question is, How difficult is it for me to set it so that this GSM unit can control my heating? It's a feature on the system and frankly, I'd like to use it if it wasn't that difficult to do so albeit, I might need help wiring that bit up. :)

I'd appreciate your comments folks as I've found you all very helpful and knowledgeable in the past.

Cheers Gents.

Mugs

Simple enough to change, go into engineering. Then scroll back to serial port menu, yes. Scroll to dialer menu, yes, sms phone numbers, yes. Go to the number you want to delete press yes, no, yes. That will delete the number.

This will help for the home automation: You will need a sparks to wire in the mains side of things.

Advertisement