Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justification for being a pr!ck

• 02-07-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I see dicks doing dickish things in all walks of life, but every now and again they justify it with some remark. Sometimes they believe their own BS, and other times they're just being sarcastic.

I have a friend that walks out on front of cars, crossing the road. His excuse is usually "They have breaks, I don't".

During the riots in London, when a looter was questioned on what he was doing, he said "I'm getting my tax money back(???)"

And don't get me started on Anders Brevik!!!

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but can anyone else think of any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

ranting and raving thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    I have a friend that walks out on front of cars, crossing the road. His excuse is usually "They have breaks, I don't".

Is it bad to really want your friend to be run over to learn a lesson? Why do you think they have pedestrian crossings? Eejit.

But yeah some people are a$$hats because they've had d!ckpumps talking crap to them all day. From co-workers, bosses, general public, so instead of dealing with that and realising that the eejit might just be having a bad day they absorb it and lash out at some unsuspecting person that didn't deserve it either.

<inserts 'falling down cheeseburger' video>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Im from the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

They can justify it all they want, at the end of the day they're still gonna be a príck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

I park in Handicapped parking spaces and I am not a Handicap.

I can justify this by observing that there are 12 of these spaces available at any given time yet there are seldom more than 1 of these spaces legitimately taken up by a Handicapped person.

Although I don't think this should classify me as being anything other than practically minded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i dont like the ranting pricks, they're the worst :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When someone refers to their friend as "a mad bastard" then they're usually a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Dr.Strange wrote: »

I can justify this by observing that there are 12 of these spaces available at any given time yet there are seldom more than 1 of these spaces legitimately taken up by a Handicapped person.

Although I don't think this should classify me as being anything other than practically minded.

And what if there were 11 more "practically minded" people who thought just like you at the same time?
    That would leave no spaces for the genuinely handicapped.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

These guys even have an anthem :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They can justify it all they want, at the end of the day they're still gonna be a príck!

That's true. People try to justify rude behaviour by saying they are very straight or it's just their way but as far as I am concerned it's no excuse. Time and time again I have gotten those excuses from people in my professional or personal life but there is never a justifiable reason for being a bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I park in Handicapped parking spaces.....

While handicapped people make handicapped faces??

<Denis Leary Asshole vid>

Edit: Damn you TabNabs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I can act like a total prick when I'm in a lot of pain.
    I snap at anyone who breaths near me.

I park in Handicapped parking spaces and I am not handicapped.

Not yet. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You do respect my way of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

You're friend's an arrogant pr!ck and I hope he gets run over (not fatally).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bad Panda wrote: »
    You're friend's an arrogant pr!ck and I hope he gets run over (not fatally).

Doesn't sound smart enough to be arrogant tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

when im getting drink in the offo
    they ask for id
    i show them it
    he refuses even though he knows me personaly
    i say why ? he says cause he can

family friend prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

saiint wrote: »
    when im getting drink in the offo
    they ask for id
    i show them it
    he refuses even though he knows me personaly
    i say why ? he says cause he can

family friend prick

Next time just drop a pube on the counter and keep doing so til he serves ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's a mean world sometimes. I'm a prick when I want to be, you can't please everyone.
    Walking in front of traffic is looking for a Darwin award.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Roy Keane for walking out on his country and criticising this years fans at the euros

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

staker wrote: »
    Next time just drop a pube on the counter and keep doing so til he serves ya!

i wouldnt mind i look about 30

pubes for drink
    southpark style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

People being rude, mannerless, ignorant, causing grief, trouble etc for you.

You're patient with them until eventually they get a hold on you and pull them up on it.

They reflect all blame back at you for you are a bitch being a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

nice guys finish last

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

there is no justification for being a prick if youre a prick youre a prick

there is no justification for being a prick if youre a prick youre a prick

Not if someone made you a prick.

If you have a prick, that's all the justification you need for being a prick.
    Some women get called cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

smash wrote: »
    When someone refers to their friend as "a mad bastard" then they're usually a prick.

He's sound once you get to know him = He's an asshole, but you get use to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I see dicks doing dickish things in all walks of life, but every now and again they justify it with some remark. Sometimes they believe their own BS, and other times they're just being sarcastic.

During the riots in London, when a looter was questioned on what he was doing, he said "I'm getting my tax money back(???)"

And don't get me started on Anders Brevik!!!

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but can anyone else think of any?

Ha - your mate wouldn't want to walk out in front of my car.

Yes - I also run over prams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

He's sound once you get to know him = He's an asshole, but you get use to him.

Just watched Trainspotting last night. Yeah, hes a prick, but hes a mate, so what can you do? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

There is no real justification for being a pr1ck. Take my younger siblings for example, they lost our parents at very young ages and got on with their lives going to college and school with no major drama. They certainly don't go around with a chip on their shoulders like life owes them anything but I'd see people who've never had any major trauma or heartache going around like every bad thing they do and the way they act is something to be proud of. Life doesn't make you a pr1ck. You just end up being one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There's a thread about cigarette butts here where you can see people coming out with all sorts of excuses for littering and destroying their surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This is only acceptable if there are no other cars in the car park. Otherwise, if the other 50 or so motorists who actually parked properly were as selfish as you are, there wouldn't be anywhere for REAL handicaps to park at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Theres a MASSIVE difference between being a pri*k in a justified situation... and trying to justifiy that you are not the pr*ck in a situation.

All I know is 99% of people in this world are 'nice people' :rolleyes: and that any situation that makes them be a pri*k was always caused by the other person :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm pretty sure most humans are equipped with the necessary ability to stop promptly when they're walking. It's called a brain. Your friend clearly lacks one and is a douche.

He will probably get run over some day and it'll be his fault entirely and everyone will pity him and blame the driver but you will know that he's an assh*le and he brought it on himself and you won't give him any sympathy and everyone will think you're the douchebag for not being nice to your poor injured friend.

But don't give in.

Stick to your guns and when you meet him hobbling along in the street tell him that it's his own fault and even though he's crippled he's still a douchebag.

I'll buy you a pint if you do.

Cheers.

Cause I f*cking hate your friend even though I've never met him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Stick to your guns and when you meet him hobbling along in the street kick him in the fücking legs

FYP there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Parking in handicapped spaces doesn't make you a prick, it means you're a kunt. big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I'm waiting until I'm in my 60s. Then nobody can be an ass back to me. I'll be old. And I'll scream at children and throw things at cars.

That'll show them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Apart from the terminally sound, I reckon we all have an inner pr1ck just waiting to get out. It just needs the right excuse. Some people need smaller excuses than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Some people are just @ssholes, and proud of it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2NKZtl07c

Advertisement