Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding Music to my kids IPOD

• 02-07-2012 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi there folks,

Ok, my head is starting to melt slowly here with this ipod/itunes s/w which I have to say, and i'd be fairly tech savy here, on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd be an 8 , so you'd imagine I could do this but I'm in quicksand at the mo and my kids are going to diss-own me soon....
    The thing is , I have the 3 ( yes 3 ) ipods set up with their names etc on itunes. THey all have separate entries etc . The first one was fine and had no problems syncing the thing, though I have to say I HATE the way apple do this, personally I wouldn't go down this road myself but kids...you know..anyway. I was doing fine and I gather in order to remove and add music, the 'music library' has to have changes made to it and then you attach your ipod and the s/w does the rest in terms of updating....now, this is the part I cant feckin fathom. I have 2 other accounts or ipods that can be added. I want to add different music to each ipod and sync them so that the music appears on the devices but I cant seem to drag and drop the music entries from the 'music library' into their own devices. It seems really limited or is it the way i'm doing it. Its totally confusing...

Does anyone else out there have multiple ipods and how do you separate the individual music tastes etc??

Thanks a lot...

Rich:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's not that difficult. You set up three different playlists with the music you want in them for each iPod. Then connect the iPod, click on the music tab and tell it to sync to the chosen playlist rather than the whole library. Repeat for the other iPods.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lazarus Malrax

richiek67 wrote: »
    Hi there folks,

Ok, my head is starting to melt slowly here with this ipod/itunes s/w which I have to say, and i'd be fairly tech savy here, on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd be an 8 , so you'd imagine I could do this but I'm in quicksand at the mo and my kids are going to diss-own me soon....
    The thing is , I have the 3 ( yes 3 ) ipods set up with their names etc on itunes. THey all have separate entries etc . The first one was fine and had no problems syncing the thing, though I have to say I HATE the way apple do this, personally I wouldn't go down this road myself but kids...you know..anyway. I was doing fine and I gather in order to remove and add music, the 'music library' has to have changes made to it and then you attach your ipod and the s/w does the rest in terms of updating....now, this is the part I cant feckin fathom. I have 2 other accounts or ipods that can be added. I want to add different music to each ipod and sync them so that the music appears on the devices but I cant seem to drag and drop the music entries from the 'music library' into their own devices. It seems really limited or is it the way i'm doing it. Its totally confusing...

Does anyone else out there have multiple ipods and how do you separate the individual music tastes etc??

Thanks a lot...

Rich:eek:
    Since Apple have already done the work I attach the link - easier than going through it myself :)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1495

or

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3958277?start=0&tstart=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Ok, I thought it was probably me...lol

Thanks for the info people, playlists, hmm I should have thought of that..

Cheers

:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

:confused:

Ok, sorry about this folks but one of my ipods that my eldest son has just isent working and i have no patience left. I've been an hour or 2 trying to sort it and I feel like trashing it
    I'm getting the following messege with a big RED X ,

'The ipod 'James's ipod' cannot be snyced.The required folder cannot
    be found.'

Has any1 seen this before.

I've restored the ipod to factory.
    Ive reloaded 'itunes'

NO JOY ( wtf) excuse me but I get enough of this at work without having to deal with it at home....

Thanks

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement