Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini DP to DVI Active Adaptor

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

on this bandwagon again.

I've tried Komplett, Scan and Dabs all out of stock.

Hardwareversand have them but dont take credit cards (not even though paypal) and €18.99 delivery

Any suggestions - does anyone have one lying around they could sell / lend?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Hi guys,

on this bandwagon again.

I've tried Komplett, Scan and Dabs all out of stock.

Hardwareversand have them but dont take credit cards (not even though paypal) and €18.99 delivery

Any suggestions - does anyone have one lying around they could sell / lend?

Thanks in advance.

Hardwareversand DO take Credit Cards through PayPal, I don't know why everyone says they don't! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Because:

Please choose the payment type:

cash on prepayment
    Transfer first the order value to our trading account, after the receipt of payment we will send the delivery. You will be shown all details of this order at the end of this procedure. You will also find this in your confirmation email.

PayPal
    You complete the order followed by the payment at the PayPal-website. Note: Your order will be not processed until your payment was received at our PayPal-account. If your payment did not reach us within 7 Days, we will cancel the order. We deliever exclusively to the at address registered at PayPal. Important: At present we can't accept PayPal transfers with credit card.
    siegel.gif Trusted Shops Guarantee
    TrustedShops Käuferschutz bis 500 EUR bis 30 Tage für 0,98 € inkl. MwStTrustedShops Käuferschutz bis 1500 EUR bis 30 Tage für 2,94 € inkl. MwStTrustedShops Käuferschutz bis 2500 EUR bis 30 Tage für 4,91 € inkl. MwStTrustedShops Käuferschutz bis 5000 EUR bis 30 Tage für 9,81 € inkl. MwSt
    Trusted Shops Guarantee assures your order. I agree with the transmission and the storage of my e-mail address for the guarantee process. guarantee conditions for the Trusted Shops Guarantee.

Try it anyway?

Actually stopped me ordering a 7950. My logic, of course, being I'm not spending €330 I'm saving €18.99!

Try it anyway?

I've done it with VISAs 3 times, I never actually saw that sentence though :(. Try it anyway, can't see why it shouldn't work.

Okay if I give you my wife's telephone number can you tell her please?

• Advertisement

Nope doesn't work as a guest at any rate - won't work on my account either but maybe it needs some sort of varification thinggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Are you just ordering a cable?

Would mini displayport ----> displayport --active--> DVI work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-DisplayPort-Video-Cable-Adapter/dp/B0055PKO3I/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-44000-02-40R-Active-Display-Cable/dp/B00433C5Y4/

~£30, free delivery.

Edit: Mini DP -> active dvi. Not sold by amazon so some sellers mightn't ship here and shipping could be more expensive.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Active-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Adapter/dp/B004VVMNZ4/

Edit 2:
    This one says 'mini' in the title, description and shows in one of the pictures. I think the main one is wrong. Sold by amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-Mini-DisplayPort-Active-Adapter/dp/B004SUELLC/

Thanks Mono - Ordered the Sapphire ones :)

Nope doesn't work as a guest at any rate - won't work on my account either but maybe it needs some sort of varification thinggy.

Verified by Visa? Yeah, that's what I used.

I'm like a kid on xmas morning!

Fully eyefiniterised - 3x1 1680x1050 (5040x1050 oh yes!) + 1 1920x1080 display group.

I need to do some cosmetic work after chopping the bezel off my central monitor but other than that - finally sorted - Thanks for all the help guys!

Need to get a 7950 though as my 6870 isn't coping well with Fallout 3 on three monitors at ultra so I suspect Skyrim will just cry.

Does anyone know what the fov setting for Fallout 3 is on 5:1 aspect :D

• Advertisement

I'm like a kid on xmas morning!

Fully eyefiniterised - 3x1 1680x1050 (5040x1050 oh yes!) + 1 1920x1080 display group.

I need to do some cosmetic work after chopping the bezel off my central monitor but other than that - finally sorted - Thanks for all the help guys!

Need to get a 7950 though as my 6870 isn't coping well with Fallout 3 on three monitors at ultra so I suspect Skyrim will just cry.

PICS?

I need to do some cosmetic work then I'll post a few :) I took a hacksaw to my viewsonic and it doesn't look pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I need to do some cosmetic work then I'll post a few :) I took a hacksaw to my viewsonic and it doesn't look pretty!

NAO!

Bloody hell - I'm actually getting okay frame rates in BF3 on medium.

Hmm this image stretching "feature" isn't exactly my cup of tea - I'm hoping I get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hmm this image stretching "feature" isn't exactly my cup of tea - I'm hoping I get used to it.

When you say a game looks stretched, is the the hud or is the FOV messed up?

Also a lot of games do not properly support eyefinity, give a look at these:

https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/index.php/Flawless_Widescreen

Both are decent and free, and work well for sorting issues like stretching, FOV and especially for enabling eyefinity on older games.

At the sides - games like Fallout 3 and BF3, and all games except a couple of flight simulators from what I've read, stretch the image to simulate peripheral vision (apparently).

If you centre on a rock in BF3 and then turn it'll be 2 or 3 times larger at the left or right screens - its shrinks as it gets closer to the centre screen.

I've read its a feature not a bug but I'm interested on what you guys think. Thanks for the link I will try those too.

I found it peculiar at first, and kept looking at the stretching effect. Thing is I hardly ever focus on the side screens now, except to give a quick look at who is where on screen in an online fps cor example. It's easier to spot players because the fov is much wider, and can spot more without having to mouse about as much.

Some games are a complete pig to get right, bioshock 2 was one-horizontally stretched hud and menus, Fov looked crap no matter what it was set at. I find that a fov of 85-95 works well with fps' and up to 105 foe 3rd person games, most games require tweaking, so flute about with it until you find what suits you. Saying that I'm currently playing max Payne 3 and bf3, both of which play nice with eyefinity out of the box, which is sweet.

I think the mistake I've made is firing up Fallout 3 as my first game. It really stretches the side screens. I'm play Deus Ex:HR and its pretty nice. I have my 42" plasma set up as the +1 in my 3+1 display group so I think Fallout3 and alike will become Sofa games on controller in my living room. I just wish Skyrim had VATS :D

I'm wondering if I might ask you (or anyone else using eyefinity) a question on the bezel correction. Do you use it? Its really nice, but, has the unfortunate side effect of pushing stuff off the centre screen slightly. In most games its just a bit of cut scene but in Deus Ex its part of the HUD which is slightly annoying.

Hear you re. Skyrim, pip boy ftw :)

I find bezel comp is most noticeable in racing/car games, if it interfered with the HUD I disable it. It's better when it's on, but don't mind it off either. Give a look at inf file tweaks for affected games, as sometimes the HUD can be shrunk so it stays on the center screen. Give a look at the Flawless widescreen fix, think some game plug ins have HUD scaling/size options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement