Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newspaper sample copys

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set up a tabloid newspaper to a niche market and was looking to see could i get about 30ish sample copys set up so i can show investors and sponsors/advertisers what its about.Problem is my computer skills are rubbish and I am looking at the cheapest way of going about this.I have a lot of the feature articles done and should not take much more to complete it and even have national newspaper journalists donating articles.Any one with any experience in this fields advice would be much appreciated as i have absolutly no experience myself(another construction statistic) but am hoping to prove with these samples that i can put a good paper together on my own and then get experienced people in to get a first edition out.Can not say what area i am going for at the moment but have done focus groups in conjunction with the county enterprise board and is coming back very positive but would prefer to try and get the samples out under my own steam and finance as i have done with focus groups to kind of show that i can make up for my inexperience before we get down to the nitty gritty of finances with them,but getting it done cheaply is a must as have no funds to speak of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I would probably advise you to look at a graphic designer for this .. He would be able to mach up a newspaper edit in a few hrs.

Perhaps with some incoming work maybe down the line or even a mention of his skills they might do it for free. He would then send the pdf sample to a printer and the costings of that i would'nt know to much about.. Few quick phone calls should get you sorted on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I would probably advise you to look at a graphic designer for this .. He would be able to mach up a newspaper edit in a few hrs.

Perhaps with some incoming work maybe down the line or even a mention of his skills they might do it for free. He would then send the pdf sample to a printer and the costings of that i would'nt know to much about.. Few quick phone calls should get you sorted on that.
    Thanks for that App,I think that may be the way to go but I think I may have to go to some one else then to do the lay out for me,some one said about €30 a page for this.I have a printer in Cork who is probable to do the printing on the paper so they might do something for me.The thing is i think if i got this sample out it will explain more than any presentation I could do and i can then perish or die on that and prove i can work on more than just a jackhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I'm probably making an assumption that he would also do the template, and design a basic working copy of a complete project.

Having said that i think €30 per page is not all that expensive, for an actual mach up design of what your trying to achieve - Meaning realistically this is what your going to be pitching the proposal to investors, advertisers etc. This is something i would overpay for in the beginning, this has to be 110%

Fair play and i hope it works out in the End for ya tom !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I'm probably making an assumption that he would also do the template, and design a basic working copy of a complete project.

Having said that i think €30 per page is not all that expensive, for an actual mach up design of what your trying to achieve - Meaning realistically this is what your going to be pitching the proposal to investors, advertisers etc. This is something i would overpay for in the beginning, this has to be 110%

Fair play and i hope it works out in the End for ya tom !
    Yes,it would be handy if I could get a graphic designer that could do it all for me,maybe someone on Boards would step up and i could do something with them in the future,thanks for help and encouragment:)

Advertisement