Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When should you pay a deposit?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I agreed to move in with some friends that have already been living in this house and paid their deposits last year so they have been rolled over. The landlord knows that I am moving into one of the rooms so I contacted him to ask when he wanted me to pay the deposit, he said to stop worrying about it, laughed at me and said I hadn't even moved in yet.

So realistically when should a deposit be paid?

Everyone in the house know that I'm looking to move in and that it has all been agreed but my deposit hasn't been paid cause he won't take it yet but I'm a bit worried cause I'm going on co-op next semester and he knows this so I don't want him finding someone else thats not going on co-op and just leaving me out in the dark, you know? :/

I was thinking I may not have to pay the deposit till september but then i don't know when I'll get the keys, especially if I'm moving in before college starts and stuff :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Usually you would pay a deposit the day you move in to the house. That's how I always did it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Limericks wrote: »
    Usually you would pay a deposit the day you move in to the house. That's how I always did it anyway.

Oh really?
    I always thought you paid it to keep your place in the house but that's great then! A lot of worry gone then ^^ just have to organise the day with my landlord then in august :D thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Aragneer wrote: »
    Oh really?
    I always thought you paid it to keep your place in the house but that's great then! A lot of worry gone then ^^ just have to organise the day with my landlord then in august :D thanks!!

That would be a holding deposit, a different thing altogether.

Advertisement