Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 mm insulation slabs Info

• 02-07-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey, i just a house , Built in the 50s
    No insulation whatsoever in it.
    Just did the attic, put in 350 mm earthwool, getting windows and doors done next few weeks. U Value of glass and frame is 1.4.
    My question is about internally insulating the exterior walls. (Im not going with the external insulation before its asked)
    Is 50mm enoughg of a slab or should i go more or less?
    Does the 50 mm include the thickness of the plasterslab or is it 50 mm + the plasterslab.
    and finally is 26.50 (exc of vat) a good price for a 50 mm slab?
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hey, i just a house , Built in the 50s
    No insulation whatsoever in it.
    Just did the attic, put in 350 mm earthwool, getting windows and doors done next few weeks. U Value of glass and frame is 1.4.
    My question is about internally insulating the exterior walls. (Im not going with the external insulation before its asked)
    Is 50mm enoughg of a slab or should i go more or less?
    Does the 50 mm include the thickness of the plasterslab or is it 50 mm + the plasterslab.
    and finally is 26.50 (exc of vat) a good price for a 50 mm slab?
    Any help appreciated!

Go for a good quality composite front door.

U-Value of 0.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 L1979

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Be careful - ask for the overall dimensions, as there are 50mm (overall) slabs also available, which are 38mm insulation + 12.5mm plasterslab.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mightymouse vs Dangermouse

Good article.
    Anyone have any tips on how to avoid any problems with putting up internal insulation slabs from personal experience??

Advertisement