Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012-13 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Man is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He can't see the game properly though his Barcascope.

Seems he was right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

there you go....when you are not playing well....even when Messi was not playing well he scores a goal.

top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Messi :D What a ball from Alves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

amazing pass by Dani Alves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yay Barca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a ball Sisqo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bloody hell, domination from Bayern. Juve have barely had the ball in Bayerns half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

dayum some ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Pass of the season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice goal for Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That was a quality ball from Alves , Once Messi gets into that position you know its a goal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great finish by the little magician

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Messi! Messi! Messi!

Sublime finish. Jaw dropping pass from Alves, maybe some on here were too fast to criticise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Dempsey wrote: »
    Seems he was right...

Yeah give us the lotto numbers there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bloody hell, domination from Bayern. Juve have barely had the ball in Bayerns half

9 (3) vs 2 (0) in the shots count. On targets in brackets.

Ribery and Mandzukic absolutely running the show. Incredible pressing high intensity game Bayern are playing; Juve haven't had a kick. Really are a team full of confidence are the Germans.

cson wrote: »

Ribery and Mandzukic absolutely running the show. Incredible pressing high intensity game Bayern are playing; Juve haven't had a kick. Really are a team full of confidence are the Germans.

And Guardiola hasn't even arrived yet.

Juve are so narrow at the back against Ribery and Robben is unreal. They can walk it up the wing to the dead ball line!

messi out of nothing almost scores again

• Advertisement

Yeah give us the lotto numbers there too.

Face it, you were just too quick with the cheap shot :p

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And Guardiola hasn't even arrived yet.

I know.

Not taking away from his achievements but **** me he's had some group of players to work with. He's inheriting a serious squad there in Munich. And no doubt they'll strengthen further in the summer.

If Juve don't change something at half time tis could be a demolition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Messi doesn't look too healthy if he does go off this will give PSG a very good chance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

For all their dominance, Bayern again not clinical in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

If Juve don't change something at half time tis could be a demolition.

Dare I say it......but maybe Pirlo should be given an early shower!!

Juve reduced to hoofing it up the pitch. Any chance they had was from hoofing it, it's actually their best bet. When they try to pass it out they barely get out of their box!

• Advertisement

Apart from a sticky ten minutes Barcelona have been excellent. Their possession has been controlled, their movement threatening, they look like a real threat every time they are in the ball. The goal was more than deserved and so far it's been another great Barcelona big game performance.

However the injury to Messi threatens to derail that. Hopefully the great man is ok, what a shame it would be if he, and we, we're robbed of a minute of his genius.

Apart from a sticky ten minutes Barcelona have been excellent. Their possession has been controlled, their movement threatening, they look like a real threat every time they are in the ball. The goal was more than deserved and so far it's been another great Barcelona big game performance.

However the injury to Messi threatens to derail that. Hopefully the great man is ok, what a shame it would be if he, and we, we're robbed of a minute of his genius.

You're doing a great job of making me dislike Barcelona with every post! :D

markie29 wrote: »
    are you looking at the same game as me?

Turns out I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I suppose the flipside of Alves losing the ball so much is that atleast he tries the difficult ball. That was some pass for Messi. Fair play.

Lol harsh, my writing perhaps needs a bit of improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm a Barça fan and feel the same way :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

BArca dominant but if Messi goes off it might inspire PSG. Dont know why Beckham is playing at this level anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

BArca dominant but if Messi goes off it might inspire PSG. Dont know why Beckham is playing at this level anymore.

Beckham is playing well.

He's not playing badly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

JPA wrote: »
    Pass of the season!

Hoofball!

Barcelona need to capitalise on the lead, though a draw or even 2-1 wouldn't be a horrendous result, depending on Messi's fitness. Noticeable they're taking shots at goal compared to the Milan game, particularly Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

That was the worst 45 minutes since Conte took over at Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Messi off :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

I suppose the good news is that the above is true and they are only 1 down!

Play 3 at the back and you're gonna have a baaaaad time against wingers the calibre of Ribery and Robben.

I know Messi is probably the best player the world has ever seen but **** me Fabregas isn't half a bad player to bring on for him. He's played there for Spain before too.

Mad how quiet this place is considering the magnitude of the games. Guess the Champions League finished for the majority a few weeks ago. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Play 3 at the back and you're gonna have a baaaaad time against wingers the calibre of Ribery and Robben.

I know Messi is probably the best player the world has ever seen but **** me Fabregas isn't half a bad player to bring on for him. He's played there for Spain before too.

Mad how quiet this place is considering the magnitude of the games. Guess the Champions League finished for the majority a few weeks ago. :p

or else people are actually watching the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Sickened I can't watch these live, bbcsport live text will have to do :(

From what I've been reading, PSG aren't doing too bad, thought they would get thumped, maybe claw a goal through Ibra... hopefully none of the ties get 'ended' tonight... make for a more interesting next round of fixtures.

Painful to watch :(

What a ball by Becks. Ibrahimovic hasn't gotten in to second gear apart from that lovely flick there.

Who's the co-commentator on TV3? Utterly clueless talking about the pace of Barcelona's play in the first half and now talking smack about Zlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Who's the co-commentator on TV3? Utterly clueless talking about the pace of Barcelona's play in the first half and now talking smack about Zlatan.

Lou Macauri.

lovely Lou Macari!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah PSG have been excellent. Had a few really good chances to score and look dangerous everytime they go forward. Be surprised if they dont score at this rate. Barca nearly always let one in

Tiago Silva has been class for PSG tonight

While Ibra has been muck

Lou Macari, pundits and commentators on Irish TV do talk some shíte about European Football

• Advertisement

What is up with Ibra?!

Advertisement