Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012-13 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Without Messi Barcelona are a poor side with a lot of average players, journeymen like Xavi, Iniesta and Campo. Players who really aren't up to it at this level. I wouldn't fancy them to go through, Bill.

Why couldn't Rte have shown this one :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ah go cry about it like the rest of the Barca team. It's not like Barca have never had a decision in their favour

I don't think anyone can complain like those who do when decisions do go in Barcelona's favour however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Please Barca.

What in the **** was the goalkeeper doing? I mean really, what kind of braindead do you have to be to do that? FFS.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Stupid penalty to give away, was going nowhere

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

He played for it, but the keeper took him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Please miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Brutal keeping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

That's justice for the PSG goal. Barca going to the semi-finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why would he even go for that? Absolutely awful goalkeeping

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

All started by a magical piece of skill by Iniesta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The commentary on TV3 is hurting my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Keeper actually grabbed hold of his foot, just to make sure I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rush of blood to the head by the keeper,didn't like Busquets reaction to the yellow card.Probably chancing his arm hoping the ref would send Sirigu off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

4810070-two-legs-in-black-trousers-and-capris-isolated-against-white-background.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

God damn Sirigu. I had money on the draw -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Xavi Hernandez in the space of a week has come to Paris twice and taken Paris twice. No more than deserve. A performance filled with guts and quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Xavi is as cool ya like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What was the keeper at? Just equalize and then those that :confused:

Never realized just how much moaning barca get up to really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not watching the PSG game. Im guessing their keeper is still Bernard Lama? What did he do?

Kirby wrote: »
    TWO%20LEGS.jpg

Barca at home to PSG? No chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Somebody teach ibra the offside rule please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Didnt think that would go in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GET IN!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wow, what did valdes do there

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well well well

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hon the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Woop woop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

HOWler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

go on. Just at the end and all :pac:

Feel silly now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Victor was on the plane home id say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Get in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats poor from Valdes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Xavi Hernandez in the space of a week has come to Paris twice and taken Paris twice. No more than deserve. A performance filled with guts and quality.
    Too soon :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Valdes doing the Matrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If Barca was a woman, her back would be broke by now from being dry humped from Trevor Welsh and Macari

Andersonisgod would've it broke long ago

Yakult wrote: »
    Valdes doing the Matrix

So what are you saying....that I can dodge footballs? :P

Kirby wrote: »
    Feel silly now? :p

A draw was a good result for PSG but not good enough to only draw and concede 2 goals at home heading to the Nou Camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Poxy Saint Germain! Really enjoyed that game though. Just goes to show, put the ball in high against Barca (ESP. When you have Ibrahimovic) and you have a fighting chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I think PSG were lucky, one offside goal and one deflected

Obviously that last goal is hugely disappointing because it has denied Barcelona a deserved victory. Barcelona were terrific tonight, a really top drawer first half performance, deservedly led at the break. The second half the question was could they cope without Messi and the answer was yes. Their possession was controlled, they created chances, they looked in no danger and then some dreadful refereeing turned the game around and almost threw Barcelona out of their groove. However a bit of magic on the edge of the box and a well taken penalty from Xavi should have been game over but fair play to PSG, they kept going until the end and found a lucky goal.

Despite the disappointing end and the injury concern of Mess, it is still 2 away goals and the next leg is at the Camp Nou where it will take something truly remarkable to beat Barcelona.

So often the accusation that gets thrown at the Barcelona defenders is that they are rarely tested defensively. Tonight Gerard Pique was superb, a ferocious leader at the back and solid throughout. Mascherano was a rock until the injury, Alves was magnificent and my pick for man of the match, his energy, his decision making and his quality was evident to everyone tonight, credit also to Busquets infront of them. Xavi and Iniesta dominated the game as they so often do.

Second leg, Camp Nou, hopefully Messi back, I'm still convinced that this Barcelona side will lift the Champions League this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Obviously that last goal is hugely disappointing because it has denied Barcelona a deserved victory. Barcelona were terrific tonight, a really top drawer first half performance, deservedly led at the break. The second half the question was could they cope without Messi and the answer was yes. Their possession was controlled, they created chances, they looked in no danger and then some dreadful refereeing turned the game around and almost threw Barcelona out of their groove. However a bit of magic on the edge of the box and a well taken penalty from Xavi should have been game over but fair play to PSG, they kept going until the end and found a lucky goal.

Despite the disappointing end and the injury concern of Mess, it is still 2 away goals and the next leg is at the Camp Nou where it will take something truly remarkable to beat Barcelona.

So often the accusation that gets thrown at the Barcelona defenders is that they are rarely tested defensively. Tonight Gerard Pique was superb, a ferocious leader at the back and solid throughout. Mascherano was a rock until the injury, Alves was magnificent and my pick for man of the match, his energy, his decision making and his quality was evident to everyone tonight, credit also to Busquets infront of them. Xavi and Iniesta dominated the game as they so often do.

Second leg, Camp Nou, hopefully Messi back, I'm still convinced that this Barcelona side will lift the Champions League this season.

ahh im not even gonna bother
    i like barca a lot but you really are turning me against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The defence clearly were not good, they conceded countless amounts of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delighted. Barcas moaning and feigning injury in the second half was so ****ing annoying.

PSG a little naive and a little lucky but sort of keeps the tie alive. Ibra was brutal but still scored an offside goal.

Also, although its the first time Ive seen him play for PSG, but by **** Lucas was awful, really really awful.

AdamD wrote: »
    The defence clearly were not good, they conceded countless amounts of chances.

I don't agree. I don't think they conceded a huge amount of chances at all. As a unit I thought they were excellent and even in the one vs one's they dealt with it brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't agree. I don't think they conceded a huge amount of chances at all. As a unit I thought they were excellent and even in the one vs one's they dealt with it brilliantly.
    The defense was poor again tonight. Ibra on top form would have buried a couple. They haven't looked right at the back all season imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement