Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012-13 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jernal wrote: »
    The offside though is an error. It's quite clear from the game the referee's knew what an offside was - it was just a mistake and officiating the offside rule is a nightmare at the best of times. (The sooner UEFA or FIFA bring in ref cam the better.) Two players were down injured (one of which is going to miss six weeks minimum) and play wasn't stopped.

They were both on the pitch when the goal was scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

greendom wrote: »
    They were both on the pitch when the goal was scored

That's not the point. The rules state that when two or more players collide accidentally play can only continue if the injuries are deemed not serious. Anyone watching the collision knew straight away Mascherano was in serious trouble. To further compound the officials error the referee then forced both players off the pitch after seeking treatment. This cannot happens in case of accidental collisions between team mates because it put one team at a very significant disadvantage. How none of the officials knew this is beyond me.
    I don't like that Barca players piss and moan about the referees as much as anybody else, but here the club does actually have a case. The officials collectively demonstrated a glaring error, or lack knowledge of the game's rules.
    Barca wrote:
    "We are fully conscious of the possibility of errors in refereeing and we do not consider ourselves badly treated, but it surprises us that in a high-level competition a referee does not know the rules.

We are not judging the work of referees but the basic principle that a judge should know the law. We hope it does not happen again.

They have a case so it'll be very interesting to see how UEFA deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Looking forward to Dortmund Malaga tonight, nicely poised after first leg. If there's no early goal I can see this getting quite cagey the longer the game goes on, no matter how attacking a team are certain negative instincts kick in when the consequences of conceding an away goal can be massive in a tight tie. Expect Dortmund to come out like a freight train early but if Malaga can weather the storm first 30 mins I'd give them a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2nd legs tonight

Galatasaray (TUR) V Real Madrid (ESP) (Agg 0-3)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Málaga CF (ESP) (Agg 0-0)

Tomorrow night
    Barcelona (ESP) V Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) (Agg 2-2)
    Juventus (ITA) V Bayern Muchen (GER) (Agg 0-2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Borussia Dortmund will scramble through, 1:0 after extra time, just about when everybody settles for a penalty shootout :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

i can see dortmund winning easy. 3v0
    Dortmund were the better team in the 1st leg & missed 3 clear cut chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Who is showing the games tonight?

TV3 are showing Dortmund-Malaga. UTV are showing Real-Gala.

Least, that's what's down in the listings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jernal wrote: »
    TV3 are showing Dortmund-Malaga. UTV are showing Real-Gala.

Least, that's what's down in the listings.

Typical the game that's worth watching and I have to watch it in saorview soft-vision with two complete idiots for company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mike65 wrote: »
    Typical the game that's worth watching and I have to watch it in saorview soft-vision with two complete idiots for company.

in there defence at least they changed it from Gala-Real

mike65 wrote: »

Are they Sch**** supporters? :D

Anyway, don't think, it will be an easy match, but the home advantage might be the vital point. Some great European nights in the Westfalenstadion already, and it won't be the last one this season :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

God knows I hate TV3 coverage of footie but I have to say fair play to them for picking the right match to show tonight. I'll even put up with Trevor just this once.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

What way does Trevor Welch pronounce Gotze? Its not as if he is an unknown player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What way does Trevor Welch pronounce Gotze? Its not as if he is an unknown player

Remember that guy who singed for Chelsea Eden Azar, who the hell is he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

the ref is very biased toward real madrd in the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Galatasary; sore winners, sore losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Malaga score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great finish from Joaquin. 1-0 Malaga

Eboue has "slipped" twice already when on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He thinks saying the name correctly will remind him of an infamous internet picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Eboue is after scoring a belter!!

Take Ebou son, take Ebou.

Eboué :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What a miss by Sneijder

3 more needed but wow Galatasary!

HOLYYYYY ****TTT 2 NEEDED NOW!

Drogba, unreal goal. Two of the best CL goals this season scored by Galatasary tonight!

Gala winning 3-1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

tumblr_m9gvpqARvJ1qa07zw.jpg

Look like Dortmund going out :eek: :eek:

Holy crap what a finish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ugh changed over from the dortmund match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ugh changed over from the dortmund match

Changed over to the Madrid match thinking it was over myself. :eek:

Unreal, fair play to Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a ****ing night in the champions league!!!!

Ronaldo surely player of the competition. Has stepped up his game at the knockout rounds, scoring in all 4 knockout matches. Has carried his team to the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

The Beautiful game. Let's scrap the offside rule altogether if it means this kind of excitement. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Ronaldo surely player of the competition. Has stepped up his game at the knockout rounds, scoring in all 4 knockout matches. Has carried his team to the semis.

Ronaldo has been very decisive all right, player of the competition however will almost certainly be hugely influenced by the final and to a lesser degree the semi-finals.

If he didn't score again in the tournament (especially if Real did not end up winning the thing), I can easily see the award going elsewhere.

Although he has clearly put himself in contention of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Hoping Juve do themselves justice tonight, hadn't seen Pirlo as bad as he was first leg since his last season with Milan, never found his range. Buffon was very uncharacteristically poor too, can't be carrying two of your best players against top opposition. Don't see them going down with a whimper but task is probably too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Rekop dog wrote: »
    hadn't seen Pirlo as bad as he was first leg since his last season with Milan, never found his range.

Pirlo has been poor since the mid season break. He really hasn't controlled a game since pre christmas and his passing has been sloppy. Many saying time and legs are now catching up to him. Rumours around that he is going to call it a day in the summer, hope he goes out on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Can't decide which game to watch tonight. Couldn't last night either, kept flicking between them and missing most of the goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From neutrals point of view hoping PSG score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

From neutrals point of view hoping PSG score first.

and 2nd and 3rd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

greendom wrote: »
    and 2nd and 3rd :D

:pac:

Well I suppose you're right although I admire Barca even if they beat us twice in final over past few years.

Real v Barca final would be awesome

Is Messi playing tonight? If not, PSG might be up for a surprise, imo

PSG: Sirigu; Maxwell, Thiago Silva, Alex, Jallet; Verratti, Motta; Pastore, Lucas; Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.

Beckham dropped; Verratti back in. Think that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Valdes - Alves Pique Adriano Alba - Xavi Busquets Iniesta - Pedro Cesc Villa

Messi on the bench

Pinto, Montoya, Bartra, Song, Thiago, Alexis, Messi

Bayern : Neuer; Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba; Martinez, Schweinsteiger; Robben, Muller, Ribery; Mandzukic.

*Waits for Dunphy to rubbish Martinez:pac:*

Reckon that's a stronger team with Martinez there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fabregas and Muller double anytime goalscorer for a bit of fun tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Adriano is some asset for barca, can shoehorn him in anywhere and hell do fine there. I read somewhere hes played practically ever position for em at one point or another?

klose wrote: »
    Adriano is some asset for barca, can shoehorn him in anywhere and hell do fine there. I read somewhere hes played practically ever position for em at one point or another?

Yeah he's unbelievable. I'd love to see him playing CF sometime because he's quite the finisher.
    Have to say though as a shallow as this may sound, that back four for Barca is quite small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement