Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012-13 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you mean left back? Both Abidal and Alba are left backs.

Alba can be spelt from 'Abidal', and Adriano, who also has played left back, begins with 'A'. To the Batmobile!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you mean left back? Both Abidal and Alba are left backs.

Indeed I did. Though if Abidal continues to make a comeback, I'd play both of them, but Abidal at centre-back. Terrific pace for covering, even still..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Semi Finals
    Bayern Muchen (GER) V Barcelona (ESP)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Real Madrid (ESP)

Final
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) / Real Madrid (ESP) V Bayern Muchen (GER) / Barcelona (ESP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Perfect draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I would have liked to see a Bayern vs Barca final .

All German final in Wembley for the FA's 125 year celebration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Bayern - Real final for me.

Munich look a cracking price at 3/1 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

The final I'd really like to see would be Bayern v Real. No injuries to either side, no suspensions to either side. That would be mouthwatering. As much as I admire the Barca side... I think the above final would be far more entertaining than if they were involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I want to see a Barca v Real final. Messi scoring the winning goal in the last minute, beating 10 men in doing so, and starting and finishing the move by nutmegging Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I would love a Bayern Munich v Real Madrid final with Ronaldo scoring the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Johner wrote: »
    Perfect draw!

Are you mad! ? If Barca make the final they will be nominated the away team meaning there is a possibility we'll have to endure that dreadful orange!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

They were happy already, when Germany won the title in 1996 in Old Wembley :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Be great if they went into a group and played each other :) , only be a extra game each :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Jernal wrote: »
    Are you mad! ? If Barca make the final they will be nominated the away team meaning there is a possibility we'll have to endure that dreadful orange!:eek:

Reminds me of the 92 final. Barca had to play in orange, but then after the match was over changed their jerseys to the home colours when it came time to go up and collect the trophy. Don't think I'd seen that done before (or possibly since?).

Luckily this time round if Barca play either Dortmund or Madrid I'd imagine there'd be no issue with them lining out in their home colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

roanoke wrote: »
    Reminds me of the 92 final. Barca had to play in orange, but then after the match was over changed their jerseys to the home colours when it came time to go up and collect the trophy. Don't think I'd seen that done before (or possibly since?).

Luckily this time round if Barca play either Dortmund or Madrid I'd imagine there'd be no issue with them lining out in their home colours.

Dunno if it happened in the CL but Spain did it in the World Cup.

Dortmund v Barcelona final would be interesting. And deny Mourinho as a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jernal wrote: »
    The last we'll see of the lollipop (in the CL) will be at the Allianz Arena. They wouldn't use it against Dortmund or Real.

THFC wrote: »
    The last we'll see of the lollipop (in the CL) will be at the Allianz Arena. They wouldn't use it against Dortmund or Real.

Perfect draw after all, my apologies to Johner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Great draw. There wasn't really any poor matches which could have come from the draw but I think this is the best. Real Madrid's history and star power against the technically brilliant, slick counter attacking of Dortmund and the tie of the round, Bayern Munich vs Barcelona. Bayern, whose players make up the majority of the German national team, against Barcelona, whose players make up the majority of the Spanish national team. Munich's controlled possession and physical prowess against the tiki taka of Barcelona. People I've talked to today seem to fancy Bayern to win it over two legs, personally I think this might be Spain vs Germany World Cup 2010 all over again, Spaim dominating, Germany barely getting a shot away and Spain winning it by the odd goal. As good as Bayern Munich are, to show their quality they will first have to get the ball from Barcelona, a task easier said than done.

• Advertisement

Semi final 1st legs this week

Tuesday
    Bayern Muchen (GER) V Barcelona (ESP)

Wednesday
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Real Madrid (ESP)

Should be 2 cracking games, Spanish teams have had the edge is recent form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Bayern Munich have confirmed £31.5m deal for Borussia Dortmund star Mario Gotze. Very strange time to release the news of the most expensive signing in German history on the same day as they play in a Champions league semi-final. Especially when Dortmund also play tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

recyclebin wrote: »
    Bayern Munich have confirmed £31.5m deal for Borussia Dortmund star Mario Gotze. Very strange time to release the news of the most expensive signing in German history on the same day as they play in a Champions league semi-final. Especially when Dortmund also play tomorrow night.

According to Bayern they weren't planning to make that public or even inform Dortmund about it before the CL Semi's were over. But the biggest German Tabloid got wind of it, and reported it late last night. So Dortmund and Bayern had to somehow react earlier this morning, and they both by confirming the planned move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Dortmund said on their official website that it was already decided a few days ago.

Seems like the rather pro-Bayern Bild wanted to get the attention away from Uli Hoeness' tax issues and put some extra pressure on Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Dortmund said on their official website that it was already decided a few days ago.

Seems like the rather pro-Bayern Bild wanted to get the attention away from Uli Hoeness' tax issues and put some extra pressure on Dortmund.

Yes, but they also told the reporters that Bayern themselves have not yet been in touch with Dortmund at all to discuss the formalities. Dortmund were only informed a few days ago by the Player and his Agent that Bayern would trigger the clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Obviously they're rivals, but I would have thought it would be in Bayern's interest that Dortmund beat Real Madrid. They'll fancy their chances far more against Dortmund than against Real Madrid in any potential final.

Revealing that they are losing one of their best players to one of their biggest rivals on the eve of their most important game in years has to be quite unsettling to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Can't remember the last time I've seen a team backed into 11/10 to beat Barcelona in a CL knockout game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DubDani wrote: »
    Yes, but they also told the reporters that Bayern themselves have not yet been in touch with Dortmund at all to discuss the formalities. Dortmund were only informed a few days ago by the Player and his Agent that Bayern would trigger the clause.

Klopp has said he knew about it a day after the Malaga game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Do Bayern need Gotze? I'm guessing this means the end of Robben at the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Do Bayern need Gotze? I'm guessing this means the end of Robben at the club

Yep, can't see Robben fitting in with Pep's idea's, Gotze how ever :eek:

So close to this happening

1st leg results
    Bayern Muchen (GER) 4 V 0 Barcelona (ESP)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) 4 V 1 Real Madrid (ESP)

• Advertisement

So close to this happening

1st leg results
    Bayern Muchen (GER) 4 V 0 Barcelona (ESP)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) 4 V 1 Real Madrid (ESP)

And Bay*** being runners up twice in a row? Great stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Lars1916 wrote: »
    And Bay*** being runners up twice in a row? Great stuff :D

Well, well, let's wait for Wednesday before we make predictions like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Boskowski wrote: »

Our Year.

Boskowski wrote: »

Do you think, Barca pums Munich 5:0? Fair play to you :D

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The "El Classico" has become a bit of a borefest over the past 2 years since that Barca 5:0. I also think that the German sides have provided much better entertainment than either Barca or Madrid this year.

After the 2-6 and 5-0, there's not much better it can get for Barcelona. And has driven Madrid into the style they are now.
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    Do you think, Barca pums Munich 5:0? Fair play to you :D

;)

4-0 might do..

2nd legs
    Today
    Real Madrid (ESP) V Borussia Dortrmund (GER) (Agg 1-4)

Wednesday
    Barcelona (ESP) V Bayern Muchen (GER) (Agg 0-4)

Semi Final 2nd leg results

Real Madrid (ESP) 2 V 0 Borussia Dortrmund (GER) (Agg 3-4)
    Barcelona (ESP) 0 V 3 Bayern Muchen (GER) (Agg 0-7)

Final
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Bayern Muchen (GER) all German final for the English FA Celebrations :)

Today's final

Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Bayern Muchen (GER)

Today's final

Borussia Dortrmund (GER) V Bayern Muchen (GER)

Bring the Cup home to Dortmund, please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

20 years of champions league on ITV 4 @15:40

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

dreamers75 wrote: »

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

dreamers75 wrote: »

Man, I miss that Ajax team of the mid nineties. My favourite team ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I think that Dortmund will win tonight

nucker wrote: »
    I think that Dortmund will win tonight

So do I. Not just because I want them to win, I just have an inkling that they will.

Just had a look on Paddy Power. Both teams to score and Dortmund to win the game, 7-1...Hmmm...tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

From the very first game when F91 Dudelange of Luxembourg beat Tre Penne of San Marino 7-0 to Bayern Munich v Dortmund. Another pretty cool season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dsmythy wrote: »
    From the very first game when F91 Dudelange of Luxembourg beat Tre Penne of San Marino 7-0 to Bayern Munich v Dortmund. Another pretty cool season.

Ahh, Dudelange. Watching them knock out Red Bull Salzburg was fantastic.

And your champions are

Bayern Muchen (GER)

• Advertisement

And your champions are

Bayern Muchen (GER)

Never heard of them. :P

Advertisement