Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Fee's?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Hi,

BOI took money from account, notified fee's & interest.
    While my account went overdrawn, they still got their money.
    Why do I now get an unpaid fee debit on my account?

Thanks, GB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi GastroBoy,

Can you confirm if your account was a current account or credit card account?

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Hi GastroBoy,

Can you confirm if your account was a current account or credit card account?

Thank you
    Linda

Current account

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Anything??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi GastroBoy,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. There are only a couple of things that would result in an unpaid fee appearing on your account. A direct debit or standing order not being paid due to a lack of funds in the account or if you were to write a cheque that couldn't be cashed/lodged due to lack of funds.

If you would like to check to see exactly what happened you will need to contact your branch. They will be able to access your account to see what went unpaid.

If in future you want to take advantage of our No Transaction Fees Offer, I've included the criteria necessary to qualify.
    There are two ways to qualify for our No Transaction Fees Offer:
    1) Lodge €3000 into your account (but you do not have to maintain it) AND make 9 debit payments using Banking365 phone or Banking365 online services.
    OR
    2) Maintain a €3000 credit balance in the account for the full quarter.

The fee quarter dates for 2012 are as follows:
    Quarter 1 begins 21st of Nov 2011 until 17th of Feb 2012
    Quarter 2 begins 20th of Feb 2012 until 18th of May 2012
    Quarter 3 begins 21st of May 2012 until 17th of Aug 2012
    Quarter 4 begins 20th of Aug 2012 until 16th of Nov 2012
    Any transactions after 5pm on the last day of the quarter may not be reflected until the next quarter.

In terms of debit transactions the following would qualify:
    -debit payment from the account in question to another of your own accounts.
    -debit payment out of your own account into a 3rd party account.
    -pay a bill like a credit card or utility bill
    -to top up your phone using banking365 phone or online.

The following do not qualify:
    -Automated transactions such as direct debits and standing orders.
    -Laser card transactions of any type.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. If there's anything we can do for you, just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement