Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Running Gear 9th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

They have under garment stuff on sale now apparently. I haven't seen it but one of the lads got a good bit yesterday. He says it's great.

Would anyone trust the Lidl runners?

They have under garment stuff on sale now apparently. I haven't seen it but one of the lads got a good bit yesterday. He says it's great.

they might be ok for a certain type of runner if they suit but if you're going to be running a lot I'd invest in something more specific to your needs. running shoes preference and needs vary a lot from person to person, unlike say running socks running shoes needs are unlikely to be satisfied by a choice of one model. buy them and try them on and return them if you don't like them maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Been using them for the past year without any complaint, regular but not high mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Sun Glasses are great value. I also bought a few pairs of shorts and some t-shirts last time out and happy with them.
    The rest i will pass on.
    Thanks for the heads up.

glasso wrote: »
    they might be ok for a certain type of runner if they suit but if you're going to be running a lot I'd invest in something more specific to your needs. running shoes preference and needs vary a lot from person to person, unlike say running socks running shoes needs are unlikely to be satisfied by a choice of one model. buy them and try them on and return them if you don't like them maybe?
    bladespin wrote: »
    Been using them for the past year without any complaint, regular but not high mileage.

Fair enough. I think I might buy a pair just to wear off road when running in the Phoenix Park. I hate using the ones I buy in Amphibian King because they cost a fortune and I don't want to ruin them.

• Advertisement

The sunglasses look great for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The sunglasses look great for a fiver.

I plan to stock up on those - left my last cheapie ones in Norway a few weeks ago and I kinda miss them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Sun glasses look great but then i look outside and maybe a rain jacket be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

geld wrote: »
    I see that Lidl have another running "sale" starting on 09/07/12.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=22507

Always good value to be had on the clothing side of things.

Have a reminder to pop into Lidl on Monday, will pick up a few pairs of shorts they look like good value, has anyone bought them in the past?, are they any good?, at €6.99 they can't be bad.

Not sure I'd try the runners, I'm a bit protective of my feet, think I've only just recovered from bad gear twenty years ago.

Alarm set for the morning. Hopefully this stuff is worth buying. I think I'll even try the runners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

2 t-shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pair socks - under €35:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

all the HRM were gone from Lidl Casteltroy limerick by the time i got there this mornig at 8.25, either that or they got none, the rack where they should have been was empty anyway, same with the usb pedometer, surprised they were gone that quick,

anyway, stocked up on shorts tops and socks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

gerard65 wrote: »
    2 t-shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pair socks - under €35:D

How are the socks ? I need a new supply

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

I got the heart rate monitor for 14.99, worth a try for a while before splashing out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

huskerdu wrote: »
    How are the socks ? I need a new supply
    Seem fine, a bit like the aldi ones which I got a couple of years ago and are still wearable. For €2.99 you won't go wrong;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

mossym wrote: »
    all the HRM were gone from Lidl Casteltroy limerick by the time i got there this mornig at 8.25, either that or they got none, the rack where they should have been was empty anyway, same with the usb pedometer, surprised they were gone that quick,

anyway, stocked up on shorts tops and socks,
    There was loads of HRM in Roscrea about an hr ago:)

There was loads of HRM in Roscrea about an hr ago:)

not a hope of me driving all the way there for a 15 euro watch...:)

reckon they were all gone, looked like the socks had been pretty well cleared out in castetroy as well, still got 3 pairs but was a lot less than i expected

I am not that impressed with the sunglasses. They seem much better for cycling than for running. They'll be bouncing all over the place when running.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

In fairness, I think the sunglasses are superb. I have worn them in races and also had them sitting on my head and they have stayed in place perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    In fairness, I think the sunglasses are superb. I have worn them in races and also had them sitting on my head and they have stayed in place perfectly.

Is it hard to change the lense on them? I got a pair and was looking at this and couldn't manage. Partly through fear of breaking them.

Is there a catch to doing it or way to do it? :(:confused:

Its probably very obvious or easy but I just couldn't see it!

• Advertisement

wore the shorts for a run this morning, were fine but the lining is a bit coarse, don't think i'd fancy it for very long runs

Advertisement