Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sli nios fearr new political party in ireland will they be a sucess?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

mackg wrote: »
    Sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion but I assumed you voted SF? When I say someone who knows what they are doing I don't necessarily mean an established party.

I'd be aligned to them on certain issues but no party is 100% in line with my outlook. Btw I'd view SF as an Establishment party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

coolbeans wrote: »
    The founder refers to social mobility in the transport section of his manifesto. The guy genuinely thinks that social mobility has got something to do with transport. .....

If that's true I might just vote for him :) 'Idiot Savant No.1' This is starting to look more and more like a gigantic pisstake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Red_Wake wrote: »
    No solutions, no alternatives?

And you advocate voting for them?

no,i dont advocate voting for SF,especially since they had no viable alternatives..

But i would be interested in voting for someone else,other than Labour,FF,FG,Greens,SF,and ''independants(a lot are business sharks with second jobs only in it for status and extra wealth not the people a la mick wallace)there should be more political parties established,there should be more set up by ordinary people with the right intentions,and have members with political qualifications and the like..I suppose you can have all the qualifications sometimes all you need is the right instinct,over half the members of the dail have no political background other than their immediate membership of said organisation..Look at enda kenny he was a teacher in a past life..

Im sick of seeing the brown enveloping parties get in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

http://www.sli-nios-fearr.com/

He done a walk to raise awarness for his party,do you know of anybody who has joined,or would you consider joining yourself?Do you think they could be a sucess?

Don't know anyone who has joined.
    No would not consider joining myself.
    No they will not be a success. He could join forces with Declan Ganley, they will have the english accent in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

What we need is a party with an actual political ideology.

Maybe something like "The Irish Libertarian Party" or "The Libertarian Party of Ireland".

Not this ****e like "A Better Way", that's Fianna Fáil-esque. It doesn't actually mean anything, like "Soldier's of Destiny". It's not defined as to why they stand for. They could flip flop all they want. They could be left leaning one day, right leaning the next.

there are a lot of 'centerists' about though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not a single Fada was given. (seriously nowhere, idiots)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

They have my vote already.

No way are SF, L, FG, FF any of those c*nts getting anything from me ever again, except maybe a kick in the boll!x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

SocSocPol wrote: »
    I couldn't consider voting for yet another party with an unprouncable name.

I can pronounce it perfectly, so perhaps the problem isn't with the name.
    I might be more interested if the party name was written in a language that I understand.

Yeah, like Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and Sinn Féin? In the cultural intolerance of the Irish haters (most of whom have close personal links to Britain), Irish people can't have Irish parties with Irish names now, it seems. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Perhaps someone should tell this wannabe politician that Dail elections are also open to people from the UK, few of whom will be able to speak Klingon Gaelic Irish. Google Translate can only do so much ...

This is among the most stupid things ever written here. And that's saying something. Seriously retarded. Because British people move to Ireland the Irish should abandon Irish culture in order to facilitate them? In hindsight, 'retarded' doesn't do justice to your idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I find it annoying that all the tabs are in lower case except for home. Also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Seanchai wrote: »
    This is among the most stupid things ever written here. And that's saying something. Seriously retarded. Because British people move to Ireland the Irish should abandon Irish culture in order to facilitate them? In hindsight, 'retarded' doesn't do justice to your idea.
    Bit rich coming from someone with a UK address!

Bit rich coming from someone with a UK address!

What are you on?

Not a single Fada was given. (seriously nowhere, idiots)
    Didn't notice that myself, but since like most people my grasp of gaelish is so piss poor I also couldn't figure what it meant in English.
    (Though I wish i could!)

What are you on?
    Just commenting on the fact that your post was a bit rich bearing in mind you are in the UK.
    If that causes you a problem take it up with your local TD,oops sorry you don't have one, wrong country!

• Advertisement

Just commenting on the fact that your post was a bit rich bearing in mind you are in the UK.

Rather, the UK is still in part of my country, just as it was occupying all of my country in 1922. The difference clearly eludes you, but given the rancid political and historical illiteracy which repeatedly marks your contributions on Irish and British-Irish topics, I can't say I'm surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Where are people getting the impression that the party is rigth wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

No I wont join or vote for him.

Seem better than those fools in Amhrán nua - they just wanted to be politicians for the sake of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

We need a party with some extreme views. Not racist or anything like that but currently we're voting for
    Labour: Tax the workers to pay for those who don't
    Fianna Fail: no idea of economics, large government, welfare state mixed with low taxes was always a recipe for disaster.
    Lefties: Haven't a single economic policy that makes slight sense.
    Sinners: Always a protest vote and never a real alternative
    Fine Gael: Probably the most radical party. Promised a lot but haven't yet delivered. Abolish the senate, abolish the HSE, FÁS etc were all good ideas. The implementing of the household tax was done poorly, I'm saying that as someone who does agree with the tax, and promises are yet to be delivered on but it is still early doors in terms of that they still have 3.5 years left.

We have everything but a Free-market party. One that proposes huge privatisation, huge cuts, lower taxes etc. But also socially liberal.
    Legalised cannibas and prostitution etc.
    This is a party I'd vote for!

BOHtox wrote: »
    We need a party with some extreme views....
    We have everything but a Free-market party.
    One that proposes huge privatisation, huge cuts, lower taxes etc. But also socially liberal.
    Legalised cannibas and prostitution etc.Thi s is a party I'd vote for!

No thanks, Michael McDowell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

depends on whether enough people sign up..As far as i can see he hasnt raised much publicity since,the limerick post,and his public walk,i havent heard a peep since..and in media land you can be forgotten very quickly..yesterdays news and all that..

He pops up on thejournal.ie , blends in well with the crazies that post on articles over there.

thanks will have a look..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Wait a minute.........

Where's his jumper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

This entire thread seems like spam for Critten's endeavours and I wouldn't be surprised if Critten was the person behind it, given his behaviour on TheJournal.

The man spends all day, every day spamming the party he set up and is the sole member of on TheJournal, insisting that it is growing and refusing to answer questions about his background.

The last thing the country needs is another Brit telling its people what they should be doing with themselves. May he f**k off back to the shadows with the rest of the populist spouting gobsh*tes.

He pops up on thejournal.ie , blends in well with the crazies that post on articles over there.
    I think you're being overly generous in attributing their pathetic behaviour to a mental disorder to be honest. For the most part, they're a collaboration of work shy losers with massive senses of entitlement.

TheJournal themselves are worse though as they spoon feed them with completely vacuous, sensationalist nonsense that gets the locals there into a little frenzy all day, every day. Terrible journalism and articles being commented on by the dregs of society. It's no wonder they're failing to monetize it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Pedant wrote: »
    What we need is a party with an actual political ideology.

Maybe something like "The Irish Libertarian Party" or "The Libertarian Party of Ireland".

I thought we were the Popular Front. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

"Martin liked Sli Nios Fearr."

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

il stick to SF myself

• Advertisement

MrReynholm wrote: »
    I think you're being overly generous in attributing their pathetic behaviour to a mental disorder to be honest. For the most part, they're a collaboration of work shy losers with massive senses of entitlement.

TheJournal themselves are worse though as they spoon feed them with completely vacuous, sensationalist nonsense that gets the locals there into a little frenzy all day, every day. Terrible journalism and articles being commented on by the dregs of society. It's no wonder they're failing to monetize it at all.

A. There's only about 6 commentators on thejournal. They just all go into repeat mode ad nauseum. Even on theScore sports section, you'll find some of the same names dropping in comments relating to anti-govt or the economy.

B. It truly is the refuge for the bottom 10%. It's been more encouraged under the new editor, who was some sort of columnist for one of the Indo suppliments in her previous existance. Under the previous editor there was less focus on rabble-rousing.

C. Yeah, I should have said pondlife rather than crazies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Welcome to After Hours, Your Humourlessness.

When I saw that party name, I didn't see "Irish culture". I saw a bit of lowest-common-denominator pandering to the fashionable "more Irish than Irish" media crowd. You don't need to speak the Irish language to be Irish. English was good enough for James Joyce and Samuel Beckett.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

No I wont join or vote for him.

Seem better than those fools in Amhrán nua - they just wanted to be politicians for the sake of it

What ever happened to them actually?

As for this guy I can't see him becoming Ireland's next great leader and inspiring confidence in the people tbh ...

A. There's only about 6 commentators on thejournal. They just all go into repeat mode ad nauseum. Even on theScore sports section, you'll find some of the same names dropping in comments relating to anti-govt or the economy.

Yup, spot on. Same names appearing on every single article's comments spouting the same sh*te over and over.

Some use their own names too. The welfare office would do well to look them up as it's a pretty blatant abuse of the jobseekers benefit.
    B. It truly is the refuge for the bottom 10%. It's been more encouraged under the new editor, who was some sort of columnist for one of the Indo suppliments in her previous existance. Under the previous editor there was less focus on rabble-rousing.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I remember a while ago it was a decent read but now it's just consistently sensationalist and puts a pro-SF or anti-Government, anti-EU spin on every little bit of news it can get its hands on.

There are many occasions when even the local ranter and ravers question just how much bullsh*ttery is put into the article and the author is quick to jump in and point the finger at the editor.
    C. Yeah, I should have said pondlife rather than crazies.

I prefer the term 'oxygen thieves' myself :)

And right on cue... more guff on thejournal from Mr Critten :rolleyes:

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column-ireland-needs-a-new-political-party-and-here%E2%80%99s-how-we-do-it/

Advertisement