Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

• 02-07-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I just got a letter from my school telling me which options I have received and I got Home-ec and Biology but I didnt get Geography :( So know the school is telling me to pick between chemistry and Buisness ??? I didnt do Buisness studies for jc but apparentley its reli easy to pick up !! I did do Science for jc but chemistrys ment to be impossible !!! I dont know what do do please help :eek:

Oh and before you ask I havent a clue what I want to do when i leave school maybey something like nursing or physi or radiography :confused::confused:

Also i dont have the best mathamatical brain if that should be taken into account before i choose :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

I just got a letter from my school telling me which options I have received and I got Home-ec and Biology but I didnt get Geography :( So know the school is telling me to pick between chemistry and Buisness ??? I didnt do Buisness studies for jc but apparentley its reli easy to pick up !! I did do Science for jc but chemistrys ment to be impossible !!! I dont know what do do please help :eek:

Oh and before you ask I havent a clue what I want to do when i leave school maybey something like nursing or physi or radiography :confused::confused:

Also i dont have the best mathamatical brain if that should be taken into account before i choose :p

I didn't do business either for my junior cert but took it up for the Leaving. It was grand because it's not like a continuation of the Junior Cert or anything. I wouldn't say it's 'really' easy but still it seems a lot easier than chemistry. There's just a good bit to learn but that shouldn't be a problem if you just sit down and study it :rolleyes: I don't know much about Chemistry, but from friends who have done it said they wouldn't recommend it unless you actually have an interest in it. Meaning, in your case, don't do it for the sake of it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I agree with the last poster , from what my friends told me chemistry is really difficult! i would try to avoid it
    I did business and i liked it , i would presume it is easier than chemistry but you must put alot of work into business too , the marking scheme can be really harsh so neither are easy but i would suggest business :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

If you're interested in Physio and Radiography then pick Chemistry. For a lot of courses, Chemistry is a requirement (usually a HC3). Some courses now say that you need 2 science subjects as a requirement! Chemistry would open more doors to you IMO. It may be difficult but you have 2 years to work at it? It's apparently a shortish course, just work on it from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

really stinks that i cant do the options that i want but at leat i have a clearer image of what to do know :)

but omg I never knew you needed chemistry for physio and radiography is that a new requirement because it says nothin on theor sites :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

really stinks that i cant do the options that i want but at leat i have a clearer image of what to do know :)

but omg I never knew you needed chemistry for physio and radiography is that a new requirement because it says nothin on theor sites :O

It mightn't be a requirement, but it'd be a substantial part of your subject-modules in college. Chemistry is the building block of the sciences. Some knowledge of it will help with the others. It's a good subjects like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement