Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you play too much Skyrim when...

• 02-07-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

You see the crosshair in front of you when you're not playing.

You start referring to money as "coin" or "gold".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

When 'Ragnar the Red' becomes a legitimate drinking song to sing in the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

When you try to pick up everything in the kitchen and fail miserably...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

When after five days a thread about it receives two replies and the third poster doesn't know what skyrim is :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

geneyuss wrote: »
    When after five days a thread about it receives two replies and the third poster doesn't know what skyrim is :cool:

I was referencing the fact you can carry a tonne of items without a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

When anytime someone says "I used to...." you have an internal conflict between saying "be and adventurer like you" and not being that annoying guy that everyone hates...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

When you start seeing plants and think they are blue and red mountain flowers, or thundra cotton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Well for me, when I go to COD, I instinctively try to loot the bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

When "Talos!" has replaced "By the Nine!" as your expression of surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

When "Talos!" has replaced "By the Nine!" as your expression of surprise.
    When saying goodbye, you say "Talos guide you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

When you go to the local corner shop, place a basket on the shopkeepers head and proceed to steal everything you think might be of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

When you go around hiring people expecting them to follow you until death.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

geneyuss wrote: »

Why would you reply to a thread in the Elder Scrolls section not knowing what Skyrim is??...

And for me picking something up in my house after a skyrim session and immediately trying to figure out if the weight to gold ratio is worth keeping the item.

Skyrim definitely helps with my inner kleptomaniac.

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Why would you reply to a thread in the Elder Scrolls section not knowing what Skyrim is??...

And for me picking something up in my house after a skyrim session and immediately trying to figure out if the weight to gold ratio is worth keeping the item.

sorry,i dont know what that is either i am new here, was just getting the hang of the site and they go and change it,,,go figure
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 meenaghans

When you walk around for hours looking for Lydia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

You befriend people just to take literally everything they own.

Falcon.ie wrote: »

i was curious ,,,,, problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Sharrow wrote: »
    When you start seeing plants and think they are blue and red mountain flowers, or thundra cotton.

And there was me thinking I was gone totally mad, thank fcuk I'm not alone! :D

. . . for the record, real lavender looks exactly the same but troll fat doesnt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

You wander out into the countryside and wonder why no wild animals or dragons attack you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

You start to see "Harvest Lavander" over the lavander flowers outside your apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

paulbok wrote: »
    You start to see "Harvest Lavander" over the lavander flowers outside your apartment.

You buy a mortar and pestle to make them in to a potion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Leeway5555

obligatory - I used to play skyrim too much, put then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

BoomSha wrote: »
    You see the crosshair in front of you when you're not playing.

You start referring to money as "coin" or "gold".

Or Septims

When you argue about the politics of the civil war with friends outside your house.:)

DEATH TO THE EMPIRE!!!

When you argue about the politics of the civil war with friends outside your house.:)

DEATH TO THE EMPIRE!!!

I was thinking if The Imperial General manages it right he could turn the tide.

He's obiviously going to be stationed in Skyrim for a while.
    He'll require a large amount of troops stationed there which means he can start training in a lot of the nords to expand the army.
    Within a few years he'll have msot of the army loyal to him.
    With the killing of the current emporer there will be a eriod of upheaval and not a lot of loyalty to the new one. He'll be seen as the hero who saved the empire
    The war with Hammerfell is distracting the elves so he could, in a few years very realistically, take the emporers throne ally with Hammerfell and bring in the Bretons and and go to war with the elves - with the Dragonborn and a dragon supporting him naturally ---I play too much.

I thinkt ehere's a hint or two of him using his position in Skyrim to go for the throne or an impression I got anyway

MOC88 wrote: »
    I was thinking if The Imperial General manages it right he could turn the tide.

He's obiviously going to be stationed in Skyrim for a while.
    He'll require a large amount of troops stationed there which means he can start training in a lot of the nords to expand the army.
    Within a few years he'll have msot of the army loyal to him.
    With the killing of the current emporer there will be a eriod of upheaval and not a lot of loyalty to the new one. He'll be seen as the hero who saved the empire
    The war with Hammerfell is distracting the elves so he could, in a few years very realistically, take the emporers throne ally with Hammerfell and bring in the Bretons and and go to war with the elves - with the Dragonborn and a dragon supporting him naturally ---I play too much.

I thinkt ehere's a hint or two of him using his position in Skyrim to go for the throne or an impression I got anyway

TM II was not the best Emperor and his death will have drastic effects depending on who replaces him.

1. A weak minded Emperor might end the Civil war but bow down to easily to the Thalmor further weaking the empire.

2. Too strong aminded Emperor risks inflaming the Civil War further and igniting another great war.

The best thing the Empire can do is Co-rule through the Elder council sue for peace with the Stormcloaks and re-inforce the borders of Cyrodil from the threat of the Thalmor which will eventually come.

Hammerfell and Skyrim will sign an alliance to protect each others borders and Cyrodil needs not to be at war with them but allied. Only an alliance of man can bring down the Elves.

TM II was not the best Emperor and his death will have drastic effects depending on who replaces him.

1. A weak minded Emperor might end the Civil war but bow down to easily to the Thalmor further weaking the empire.

2. Too strong aminded Emperor risks inflaming the Civil War further and igniting another great war.

The best thing the Empire can do is Co-rule through the Elder council sue for peace with the Stormcloaks and re-inforce the borders of Cyrodil from the threat of the Thalmor which will eventually come.

Hammerfell and Skyrim will sign an alliance to protect each others borders and Cyrodil needs not to be at war with them but allied. Only an alliance of man can bring down the Elves.[/QUOTE
    I meant that if the civil war had been concluded one way or the other
    either way the fact that the Thalmor are prosecuting a war with Hammerfall wihtout winning means they really don't have the resources for a war on two fronts over anything but a short amount of time.
    The Imperials actually have the upper hand and it should only be a matter of time before the Imperials win.
    If Ulric used his voice left right and centre the stormcloaks would win...but I don't think he would.

My idea for a Stormcloak victory to turnaround the Thalmor would be to start expanding the army straight away (obviously) but send them into blackreach after the first bit of training- fighting with the falmer will give them the experience but also keep the estimates of an exact count down far below what it really is. Then you have access to a lot of dwarven metal to melt down and start creating armour.
    Also kill the silver bloods and seize all their mines to fund this new army-- give some concessions to the reach for more numbers per the army and at the same time they're battle hardened.
    Again alliance with Hammerfell but help mainly through supplies and only troops where desperately needed. When the Nordic army is formed then sweep in on cyrodill claim the throne and go to war proper with the Thalmor.

also what is up with Morthal - Thalmor?

Advertisement