Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Honestly amazed at how many of you are up to check the CAO. Thought I would be one of the very few. Well done all who got choices, I'm heading to LIT myself. To those who didn't get offers this is merely a chance to savour victory that bit more next time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

Wishful thinking Ditzyfairy, seems the next round of matures will be offered on the basis of ongoing course results that people are doing now

Congrats on your place thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Got my FIRST CHOICE..... Absolutely FLABBERGASTED!!! Civil Law at NUI Galway here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

Congrats to all you guys.

I'm gutted. Only received my 6th choice!! :O. The only college i didn't want, didn't visit. UCD Computers - gutted is an understatement.!!!!

Trying to organise my wedding for Christmas, this hasn't helped one bit!! I would rather know now if I got into my preferred colleges - Blanch or Tallaght. Guess its the waiting game - lets hope my points are enough to get in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Got my FIRST CHOICE..... Absolutely FLABBERGASTED!!! Civil Law at NUI Galway here I come!

Well done, a friend of mine studied this course a few years ago and then went on to a masters in Oxford, it's a great course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

I got my official offer from trinity. 4years of academia here I come. I am over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Yippeeee - got my first choice! If you didn't get in please, please try again as I didn't get in last year and was gutted when I got no offers. Congrats to all celebrating this morning :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Got my first choice Pharmacy technician in Carlow it :), well done everyone who got a place and hard luck to anyone who missed out this time, will keep my fingers crossed for ye for the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nothing in the post this morning :(

Then checked the website and i got what i wanted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Nothing in the post this morning :(

Then checked the website and i got what i wanted :D

Yea what is the deal with that? It was the same for me, nothing in the post but then on the web there was the offer. What about people who don't have access to the web? There is a specific time limit for accepting applications and by them not delivering the offer in the post today LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED to, it is delaying people's acceptances

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Goafer

scoob70 wrote: »
    Is it this week the CAO makes its first offers to mature students?:D

What course are you going for OP ?? Good Luck, hope you get what you want .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Huge, huge HUGE sigh of relief! got an offer for a level 7 course this morning, It was one i kinda wanted to do, i was like ok :(
    But then i checked the website and my first choice on lvl 8 was their :D occuapational saftey and health :D:D:D to everyone that didnt get offers in the post be sure to check the website!

To those that didnt get any offers dont give up yet theres another round to come!

Huge, huge HUGE sigh of relief! got an offer for a level 7 course this morning, It was one i kinda wanted to do, i was like ok :(
    But then i checked the website and my first choice on lvl 8 was their :D occuapational saftey and health :D:D:D to everyone that didnt get offers in the post be sure to check the website!

To those that didnt get any offers dont give up yet theres another round to come!

you shouldn't HAVE to do this though! (although obviously if people are reading this then they can as they have access to the internet). the cao offers were SUPPOSED to come in the post this morning. i don't understand why they have not?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

First choice - DT341 Marketing!! Yipee!! Nearly died when there was no post this morning!! Nerves are shot.......

Well done to everyone and thanks a mill to everyone for all the help! I know it made all the difference :D

ghpeople wrote: »
    First choice - DT341 Marketing!! Yipee!! Nearly died when there was no post this morning!! Nerves are shot.......

Well done to everyone and thanks a mill to everyone for all the help! I know it made all the difference :D

Strange. So it seems that nobody got the offers in the post?! Anyone that did can ya let us know, so we can see if it was a nationwide glitch.

Also congrats to everyone who got what they wanted :D

I am not sure what I feel, I don't know if I want it :(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Strange. So it seems that nobody got the offers in the post?! Anyone that did can ya let us know, so we can see if it was a nationwide glitch.

Also congrats to everyone who got what they wanted :D

I am not sure what I feel, I don't know if I want it :(:rolleyes:[/Quote]

Hi what course did you get and why are you not to sure about it

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

:) Got my first preference choice BN103 Business and Information Technology at ITB .... Absolutely thrilled!!!

Congrats to everyone who got their preferred place and those who didn't hang on in there for the subsequent offer rounds.

Roll on September... Can't wait to get started now!!!!

hdowney wrote: »
    you shouldn't HAVE to do this though! (although obviously if people are reading this then they can as they have access to the internet). the cao offers were SUPPOSED to come in the post this morning. i don't understand why they have not?

i know you shouldnt have to check the website to check offers i suppose you can only blame anpost for that, i did recieve an offer in the post but it from Lyit my level 7 choice, however my offer for my level 8 selection was not in the post but on the cao website so ill probably get it in the post tomorrow i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Woohoo Science here I come!

I deferred my place at NUIG last year so I knew I was getting it today but I'm delighted anyway because this year I actually get to go :D

Congrats to everyone who got their choices. And to anyone who didn't, don't be too upset. Use the year to do an access or a short course. I did a 9 month online course with the Open University last year in general science and I really think that helped my application at the time. I explained how it showed I genuinely wanted to return to college and how I felt it improved my study skills and all that.

Best of luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Cocolola wrote: »

I deferred my place at NUIG last year so I knew I was getting it today but I'm delighted anyway because this year I actually get to go :D

Congrats to everyone who got their choices. And to anyone who didn't, don't be too upset. Use the year to do an access or a short course. I did a 9 month online course with the Open University last year in general science and I really think that helped my application at the time. I explained how it showed I genuinely wanted to return to college and how I felt it improved my study skills and all that.

Best of luck all.

I'm going into Science too - soooo excited. Well done Cocolola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Cocolola wrote: »

Best of luck all.
    Me too!! Arts in NUIG:) knew I was going all along but just so exited now..roll on September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

i got offered my 1st choice, psychology in WIT. very happy man atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Do I go into my application? to check?

Do I go into my application? to check?

yeah log on to the cao website and log in in the my application tab and your offers should be at the top

yeah log on to the cao website and log in in the my application tab and your offers should be at the top

Cheers, Ive applied for science in computing course. :) in LYIT.

Cheers, Ive applied for science in computing course. :) in LYIT.

best of luck man :)

best of luck man :)

Cheers. What did you applie for mate? :)

Cheers. What did you applie for mate? :)

Occupational safety and health :3

Occupational safety and health :3

Ah cool.
    There are no offers available to you at this time.
    For information on offer round dates, click here.

• Advertisement

Ah cool.

:( Don't worry man theirs another round of offers in august, you could still get what you want yet, keep the head up! sher even if you don't get in this year look at doing a few access courses or Fas course that are computer related to keep you occupied till you can apply again, definatly consider doing something like this because it greatly improved my application and impressed the the two interviewers that i had to meet earlier this year, especially if its related to the course you wanna do!

Advertisement