Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison Dog Rips the Bollix off Serial Rapist

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Prison really is the dogs bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I thought attack dogs were trained to disable someone. As in "chase down, and go for the arm". The guy kicked the dog in the head. Even a well trained dog or police officer is going to have bit of a problem with that.
    Still the same, whether the guy was running or attacking - first thing for everyone's safety (including the dog) is to get him on the ground quickly, to the dog's level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

smash wrote: »
    Ah he only got the foreskin... I was hoping he actually tore his nuts off!
    Mozel toff
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    However this is a quite separate case involving a highly-trained working dog, with a capable owner/trainer. I strongly imagine circumstances for these dogs are different.
    They must be if the dogs commanded to bite but in this instance the dog wasn't commanded to bite it reacted with bite, it's trained not to do that. The dog could more than likely tell the difference between someone trying to antagonise it and an actual attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I thought attack dogs were trained to disable someone. As in "chase down, and go for the arm".

Who knows, maybe the guy was just really well-endowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Still the same, whether the guy was running or attacking - first thing for everyone's safety (including the dog) is to get him on the ground quickly, to the dog's level.

Yeah but didn't the article say the man tried to fight the dog so if a dog is getting its head smashed in it's going to be doing a lot more than just biting the arm to take the man down. Even the most trained animals are still animals.

Plus it said it got kicked in the head and went berserk. If the man did try to fight it, the dog probably had its survival isntincts kick in and just went all out. Ask any police officer, there's a difference between taking someone down with safety and having someone trying to kill you. Self-defense is still self-defense so I think the idiot kicked the dog, dog went haywire and tried to kill the man when the man tried to fight it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Self-defense is still self-defense so I think the idiot kicked the dog, dog went haywire and tried to kill the man when the man tried to fight it.
    I can guarantee you if the dog wanted to kill, it wouldn't go for the penis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Why hasn't he been deported to Nigeria?

And that's not being racist or un-PC, that's just being someone with common sense.

(in before the PC plebs come along)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm delighted.
    It's just a pity the dog didn't rip him to pieces. The dog deserves a medal.
    if he did that,the poor dog woud have been shot.

the screws shoud rip the rest of his bollox off and mount them on a plaque like they do with deer heads,then put that in a place used by all prisoners who will no doubt make him go down a few notches on the prisoner hierarchy.

its likely this oxygen thief will put a kill contract on the dog as well,the dog needs to counter attack and put a contract out on him,perhaps pay another dog in kibble to rip the shattered remains of his bollox off and force feed them to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Why hasn't he been deported to Nigeria?

Ireland very, very rarely deports people. Once you are in and intend to stay, the possibility of you getting chucked out are very slim to none.

The low number of deportations in the last decade back this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

IrishAm wrote: »
    Ireland very, very rarely deports people. Once you are in and intend to stay, the possibility of you getting chucked out are very slim to none.

The low number of deportations in the last decade back this up.

He's in prison in the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Loosely correlated , Asexul chef serves his bollox on a plate- Literally

http://datelinenews.org/chef-mao-sugiyama-cooked-and-served-his-genitals-in-a-banquet/99521

mackg wrote: »
    He's in prison in the north.

And hes wanted in the south, too. For assaulting two taxi men. He absconded up north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I can guarantee you if the dog wanted to kill, it wouldn't go for the penis.

He might have wanted to kill, but attacked the wrong head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

And hes wanted in the south, too. For assaulting two taxi men. He absconded up north.

They can send him south when he's finished up there.

Plus wanted for questioning in relation to some sexual assaults, nice fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mackg wrote: »
    Plus wanted for questioning in relation to some sexual assaults, nice fella.

OMG you're going to mention his nationality aren't you? How frightful *twists knickers*

Bambi wrote: »
    OMG you're going to mention his nationality aren't you? How frightful *twists knickers*

Whut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware any dog that bites someone has to be PTS, at least that is how it is in the republic. I certainly hope there are provisions in place to ensure that dogs who are trained by law enforcement, armed forces etc. are exempt.

I am pretty sure that law enforcement dogs are exempt. They are trained to restrain criminals and the only way they can do this is with their mouth.

To put down a dog for doing its job after all the money and training invested in it would be silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Glad that prisioner(scum) got what he deserved! I hate people who attack animals & then whing when the dog fights back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

74 posts and nobody from the PC brigade has anything to say yet?

Disappointed the dog didn't do more damage though.

It would be simply terrible if the prison officers downloaded the CCTV footage and made it go viral. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Ugh, what complete and utter SCUM!!! The poor victims of his crimes :( and the poor dog too, glad it attacked him as it was provoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I hope the dog has been given all/any suitable injections/shots to protect against any disease he may have been exposed to after biting that filth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Nice

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Good boy. Wuff wuff. I suppose you could say our Nigerian friend went off 'half-cocked.' Someone give that dog a denta-stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

come here that article is very hard to read, it repeats itself about six times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

That dog should be fed steak for the rest of his days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

I've always had great admiration for Alsations as a bog breed and after reading this my admiration has increased again. However, I would find fault with this dog's handler as he should really have left the dog to finish off the rapist b*st*rd, as an example to other scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's ridiculous that scumbags like him aren't deported (the rapist, not the dog).

That's some seriously bad writing by the way. In one paragraph they say he's 29 and a couple of paragraphs later say he's 28.
    Last night the 29-year-old was being treated for the horrific injuries which he suffered in Derry's Maghaberry prison this week.
    The 28-year-old who is suspected of carrying out sex attacks n the Republic, kicked a 'tough as nails' attack dog in the head and then tried to throttle it before the dog bit his penis.

That's some seriously bad writing by the way. In one paragraph they say he's 29 and a couple of paragraphs later say he's 28.

When I buy the Sunday World I expect bad writing ,sensationalist stories about nicknamed gangsters(come back Paul Williams) and rants from Pat Spillane.

Ideal Sunday afternoon reading material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

God, I know sexual violence is a topic that brings out a lot of ill feelings; but some of the posts here are borderline ..., Jesus I'm even stuck for words on it.

How can we hope to rehabilitate people back into society after they have been punished and hopefully treated? When people get delight in events like this. Whereas there is an unconscious side of us all that can do some very nasty things; expressing it consciously is different. All offenders should be punished but also treated so that we can reduce the rate of reoffending; which should really be our aim. Justice for the victim and punishment and rehab for the offender.

Just my opinion, but I think anyone who goes with the cut their balls off etc, should spend a bit of time researching the topic, no matter what the did the are human with rights. At least they are then making an informed statement when they post such stuff. I don't think the fact that the offender did not respect their victim’s rights should allow the State or individuals to take the offenders rights away.

Personally I find it harder to work with those who engage in domestic violence rather than sexual; but as yet I have never yet refused to treat anybody. I will more than likely get the liberal, PC etc labels thrown at me, but I'm far from that.

Personally I think the person was a bit of a fool to try that with a trained dog; but if I was getting pleasure out of the fact that it happen I would be having a long look at myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Odysseus wrote: »
    God, I know sexual violence is a topic that brings out a lot of ill feelings; but some of the posts here are borderline ..., Jesus I'm even stuck for words on it.

How can we hope to rehabilitate people back into society after they have been punished and hopefully treated? When people get delight in events like this. Whereas there is an unconscious side of us all that can do some very nasty things; expressing it consciously is different. All offenders should be punished but also treated so that we can reduce the rate of reoffending; which should really be our aim. Justice for the victim and punishment and rehab for the offender.

Just my opinion, but I think anyone who goes with the cut their balls off etc, should spend a bit of time researching the topic, no matter what the did the are human with rights. At least they are then making an informed statement when they post such stuff. I don't think the fact that the offender did not respect their victim’s rights should allow the State or individuals to take the offenders rights away.

Personally I find it harder to work with those who engage in domestic violence rather than sexual; but as yet I have never yet refused to treat anybody. I will more than likely get the liberal, PC etc labels thrown at me, but I'm far from that.

Personally I think the person was a bit of a fool to try that with a trained dog; but if I was getting pleasure out of the fact that it happen I would be having a long look at myself.

It took 86 posts before someone sided with the murdering rapist. How can even the most liberal, open minded, progressive thinking hippie not look at a case like this and just think "that's karma".

The dog will be licking his arse for weeks trying to get the taste out of his mouth.

Rawhead wrote: »
    It took 86 posts before someone sided with the murdering rapist. How can even the most liberal, open minded, progressive thinking hippie not look at a case like this and just think "that's karma".

The dog will be licking his arse for weeks trying to get the taste out of his mouth.

See that is the thing, I'm not siding with him; I'm talking about the delight some people seem to get out of this happening. That does not equal condoning or siding with him. I believe he should be punished through the law of the land. There is a big difference there

Edit: I have had a no1 since I was a kid, I have no chance of my hair allowing me to be a hippie

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I'm sorry, I know you mean well, but most decent people just can't feel sympathy for a violent murderer and rapist.
    As humans we inantely want to exile people from our society who are dangerous and violent.

How can we hope to rehabilitate people back into society after they have been punished and hopefully treated?

a) "rehabilitate" would suggest that the guy was not a f**king sociopath at some stage, something I doubt

b) It would also suggest that he wants to change, something I also doubt

c) Is there any reliable proven evidence that there are rehabilitation programs out there that can turn guys like this into decent human beings?

d) On a personal note..f**k him, there are more deserving people for us to spend money on.

• Advertisement

Of course people are getting delight out of this happening. The man is an extremely violent and sadistic sexual predator who attacked a prison officer and his dog for no reason. The dog did what his victims where unable to do and that was fight back. I am delighted he lost his bell end and I think the only sad part is the dog didn't get to chew on his face.

Are you really this much of a hug a thug or are you playing devils advocate a small bit?

I'm sorry, I know you mean well, but most decent people just can't feel sympathy for a violent murderer and rapist.
    As humans we inantely want to exile people from our society who are dangerous and violent.

Of course that is very understandable part of the human condition. I have thought that enter my mind that are very nasty, but I don't act on them.

What I'm saying is that taking pleasure out of this offenders incident is very human, but I could not condone it, it doesn't matter if you go with mad or bad. We do not physically punish offenders, and well I will speak for myself if I got pleasure out of it, I would be asking myself some strong questions about it.

At the end of the day we are all capable of doing some very nasty things.

Rawhead wrote: »
    Of course people are getting delight out of this happening. The man is an extremely violent and sadistic sexual predator who attacked a prison officer and his dog for no reason. The dog did what his victims where unable to do and that was fight back. I am delighted he lost his bell end and I think the only sad part is the dog didn't get to chew on his face.

Are you really this much of a hug a thug or are you playing devils advocate a small bit?

If you knew me you would know I'm far from a tree hugger, really far. However, I have worked with people like this and of course people who have experience sexual violence, doesn't I'm right in everything I say, just that I have some experience with offenders and believe rehab should go with punishment.

As I said it is very normal to have such thoughts enter ones mind, but consciously taking pleasure out of it is different.

As I said I sometimes struggle with treating those who engage in domestic violence, but I have to get over that.

Bambi wrote: »
    a) "rehabilitate" would suggest that the guy was not a f**king sociopath at some stage, something I doubt

b) It would also suggest that he wants to change, something I also doubt

c) Is there any reliable proven evidence that there are rehabilitation programs out there that can turn guys like this into decent human beings?

d) On a personal note..f**k him, there are more deserving people for us to spend money on.

I have know reference where i am but

A, if he was a sociopath, he awayl will be one, it done not mean he will alway offend.

B, yes, but we cannot know that answer.

C. yes, depends on the definition of sucess.

Murdering rapist approaches prison officer and big nasty dog.

Murdering rapist is told to stop approaching dog and handler.

Murdering rapist continues to approach now barking dog and officer with drawn baton.

Murdering rapist gets bitten repeatedly.

Dog protected his handler like he was trained to do.

99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the population reads story and thinks "murdering rapist got what he deserved".

1 person thinks that despite all the above facts we should feel sympathy for the murdering rapist and ask ourselves serious questions because we don't feel sympathy for the murdering rapist. This person thinks we all have thoughts about murdering women and having sex with the corpse.

I thought lefty thug huggers like this only existed in my deepest darkest nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

i think its not only because of what he did, but the fact that he got just 22 years for this sick crime is disgraceful so any punishment he gets now is a bonus. when he's deported (if ever) he'll back again anyway with a new fake passport.

Just 3 days ago, a 31-year-old man from Pakistan from Mosney had been found guilty of murdering the man he suspected of having an affair with his wife. He said that he did not know how his wife got her injuries and that the reason he got "so mad" and stabbed Mr Arif was because he said: "This is not Pakistan. It is Ireland. You can do what you want here."

that attitude really sickens me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Make sure he is sent straight back to Nigeria after his sentence or asap. We need to seriously cut down on the number of asylum seekers getting in anyway.

VEN wrote: »

Just 3 days ago, a 31-year-old man from Pakistan from Mosney had been found guilty of murdering the man he suspected of having an affair with his wife. He said that he did not know how his wife got her injuries and that the reason he got "so mad" and stabbed Mr Arif was because he said: "This is not Pakistan. It is Ireland. You can do what you want here."

that attitude really sickens me

I didn't hear that. Link to the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

I didn't hear that. Link to the story?

google "pakistan man murder mosney" its all over it, well heres the EH one

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/jealous-husband-found-guilty-of-murder-3154305.html

C. yes, depends on the definition of sucess.

lets assume the definition of success is not that some professional types get to make a career out of the rehabilitation process while managing expectations of what "success" means. Furnish us with details of this program and we'll take it from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In fairness I would sympathise with your point, pc, leftie, liberal I am, but in this particular case, the guys a moron.

I also hate cruelty to dogs and that moron decided to attack a police/prison trained Alsation! If somebody attacked my docile Labrador/Retriever cross like that, I'd hope the dog would get his teeth in and make his mark.

Forgeting the paedophile emotional argument, the idiot attacked a dog that is trained to defend the officers, not the brightest thing to do, he has to deal with the repercussions, which was the tip of the iceberg!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement