Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison Dog Rips the Bollix off Serial Rapist

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness I would sympathise with your point, pc, leftie, liberal I am, but in this particular case, the guys a moron.

I also hate cruelty to dogs and that moron decided to attack a police/prison trained Alsation! If somebody attacked my docile Labrador/Retriever cross like that, I'd hope the dog would get his teeth in and make his mark.

Forgeting the paedophile emotional argument, the idiot attacked a dog that is trained to defend the officers, not the brightest thing to do, he has to deal with the repercussions, which was the tip of the iceberg!

It was much more than the tip, and it wasn't an iceberg...:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Odysseus wrote: »
    Of course that is very understandable part of the human condition. I have thought that enter my mind that are very nasty, but I don't act on them.
    No one here acted on anything either, just posted opinions on how a murderer and rapist attacked a dog, and the dog defended itself.
    What I'm saying is that taking pleasure out of this offenders incident is very human, but I could not condone it, it doesn't matter if you go with mad or bad. We do not physically punish offenders, and well I will speak for myself if I got pleasure out of it, I would be asking myself some strong questions about it.
    I will speak for myself also, when I say I wont be asking myself any questions for thinking this was good news. If it was a case of the guards battering him just for the sake of it, which some people would still see it as good, I wouldn`t think that was good.

But if a person, whether he is a murderer, or a local pillar of society etc, kicks a dog in the head just for the sake of it, and the dog fights back, then I say too bad if the dog comes off a lot better.
    At the end of the day we are all capable of doing some very nasty things.
    I would like to think that most of us dont though, even though we could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Bambi wrote: »
    lets assume the definition of success is not that some professional types get to make a career out of the rehabilitation process while managing expectations of what "success" means. Furnish us with details of this program and we'll take it from there

As I said in a post I have no reference here. My own supervisor has work in one of the jail for over 20-5 years and sees enough success to keep him going. Personally I have only worked with approx 30 offenders a lot of my work is with those who have experienced it. However, again just in my experience I believe treatment is worth while.

I'm not being funny but anyone can get the references you are asking about on line; however as a psychoanalyst I would work differently to the way programmes do. Though I believe Granada institute here have good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

My own supervisor has work in one of the jail for over 20-5 years and sees enough success to keep him going.

Are you sure it wasn't the large chunk of taxpayers change he receives that kept him going?

I am all for rehabilitation, but a lad who murders a woman, rides her corpse, fleeces the gaff and then pops off for a cheeseburger after, is a lost cause.

The noose, however, would make him "good".

Rawhead wrote: »
    Murdering rapist approaches prison officer and big nasty dog.

Murdering rapist is told to stop approaching dog and handler.

Murdering rapist continues to approach now barking dog and officer with drawn baton.

Murdering rapist gets bitten repeatedly.

Dog protected his handler like he was trained to do.

99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the population reads story and thinks "murdering rapist got what he deserved".

1 person thinks that despite all the above facts we should feel sympathy for the murdering rapist and ask ourselves serious questions because we don't feel sympathy for the murdering rapist. This person thinks we all have thoughts about murdering women and having sex with the corpse.

I thought lefty thug huggers like this only existed in my deepest darkest nightmares.

I would say your 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% isn't right, not as I said its a very human response. But I still think that is different to taking pleasure in it,especially the more they think on it.

I'm not saying we should have sympathy for him either. If I believe that he should do his jail time how does that make me a thug hugger? You would be surprise at the thoughts people have, they just don't speak them aloud. The next time I'm in one of your nightmares you must introduce yourself so I know who you are.

I do believe that whilst you are in prison you are entitle to human rights, which doesn't go down to well here.

IrishAm wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't the large chunk of taxpayers change he receives that kept him going?

I am all for rehabilitation, but a lad who murders a woman, rides her corpse, fleeces the gaff and then pops off for a cheeseburger after, is a lost cause.

The noose, however, would make him "good".

Yes I am very sure of that, we get much more cash working privately that for the State or in my case the HSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I do believe that whilst you are in prison you are entitle to human rights, which does go down to well here.

I'd defend that belief myself, including voting rights.

In this case, he's entitled to a legal defence for attacking an Alsation in a prison, and good luck to him!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I can guarantee you if the dog wanted to kill, it wouldn't go for the penis.
    Not really. Predators will tend to aim for the soft targets. Wolves regularly go for the genitals of prey animals larger than themselves. Easy target and a bite there will tend to cause massive hemorrhaging and weaken the prey animal, so they can back off and wait for it to weaken further. Dogs, wild or not will tend to go for the extremities first, fingers, arms and wild dogs will go for the hamstrings. Followed by the nuts area, finally throat when they reckon they have the upper hand*. Canids being about the only animal other than ourselves who regularly take down prey larger than themselves have to exploit all avenues they can to equal the score. IMH that dog was running on pure instinct, no training required or involved. The dog probably thought "WTF? No really WTF!!!!, right, I'm protecting me and my family member". The training likely came in because the dog didn't press the attack until this gobshíte was dead. A wild dog/wolf would have kept going and not stop. Which is what various militaries who have tried wolves/wolf dog crosses found. They're much harder to set off, but when they do they have no "brakes". The fact yer man is still alive should show the dog was in defensive, rather than offensive mode.

As for sympathy for this guy? Leaving aside his crimes, which if it was me I'd happily weave the rope to swing him by, even if he was in gaol for a speeding ticket, you do think, "you bloody moron, darwin award in the making".

*scum nazis(and others) in WW2 who set dogs on prisoners found the dogs went for the genitals as a preference.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Wibbs wrote: »
    The training likely came in because the dog didn't press the attack until this gobshíte was dead. A wild dog/wolf would have kept going and not stop. Which is what various militaries who have tried wolves/wolf dog crosses found. They're much harder to set off, but when they do they have no "brakes". The fact yer man is still alive should show the dog was in defensive, rather than offensive mode.
    Which is why I argued that working dogs should be and probably are treated differently to pets when an incident such as this occurs.

I didn't know that about dogs/wolves targeting genitals first. Humans tend to have them tucked away under clothes so attacks on them are relatively rare.

However even if I don't have sympathy for the guy, I don't think I could stand by and watch another human mauled to death, even a scumbag. I also don't think most of the keyboard warriors on here could either. It's one thing to vent some fury and express your bloodlust on the internet, quite another to do it while watching someone screaming in agony and pleading for their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not really. Predators will tend to aim for the soft targets. Wolves regularly go for the genitals of prey animals larger than themselves. Easy target and a bite there will tend to cause massive hemorrhaging and weaken the prey animal, so they can back off and wait for it to weaken further. Dogs, wild or not will tend to go for the extremities first, fingers, arms and wild dogs will go for the hamstrings. Followed by the nuts area, finally throat when they reckon they have the upper hand*. Canids being about the only animal other than ourselves who regularly take down prey larger than themselves have to exploit all avenues they can to equal the score. IMH that dog was running on pure instinct, no training required or involved. The dog probably thought "WTF? No really WTF!!!!, right, I'm protecting me and my family member". The training likely came in because the dog didn't press the attack until this gobshíte was dead. A wild dog/wolf would have kept going and not stop. Which is what various militaries who have tried wolves/wolf dog crosses found. They're much harder to set off, but when they do they have no "brakes". The fact yer man is still alive should show the dog was in defensive, rather than offensive mode.

As for sympathy for this guy? Leaving aside his crimes, which if it was me I'd happily weave the rope to swing him by, even if he was in gaol for a speeding ticket, you do think, "you bloody moron, darwin award in the making".

*scum nazis(and others) in WW2 who set dogs on prisoners found the dogs went for the genitals as a preference.

He picked the wrong target! If he went for the officer the dog would have gone farther?

I've noticed my dog going for legs and arms, very slight nip when the young lad grabs his tail. Just pup stuff.

One time he did go for the gentlemanly area, God knows what it was! The dog drew back but he did go for it! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php
    Last night the 29-year-old was being treated for the horrific injuries which he suffered in Derry's Maghaberry prison this week.

One has to question the veracity about what appears in the Sunday World. The unnamed reported couldn't even get basic geographical facts right. They'll be telling us Mountjoy prison is in Cork next.

Maghaberry prison is in Lisburn, just outside Belfast.

Advertisement