Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience on the Taltallon minecraft server

Options
  • 02-07-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have played on this server for 3 - 4 months only to be permanently banned with my IP banned on the forums aswel. Why was I banned? Wasn't for griefing, cheating, abusing, and stealing or for any other typical reason you would think someone would be perma banned for. Nope, for speaking out about problems on the server, and for standing up to a mod.

You can decide for yourself who was in the wrong our right for yourselves after I post what exactly happened to me and what I did on the server during my time playing on there.

I was given a plot on a particular part of a village owned by a player to build on, so I did. The area around my house was new, was an island connected to the rest of the village by a bridge. A personal friend of mine also joined the server and built his house nearby. We were really the only ones who were active in that area at the times.

We thought it would be fun if we arranged a free state for our area and even go to war with the rest of the village for ownership of it. We thought it would be a fun idea and would change things up a bit on the server. We asked on the forums about it to see if it would be allowed. Everyone seemed to be generally in favour of it. Except for the owner of the village who took it very personally so it did not go ahead. We abandoned the idea. But it did not end there. The owner of the village demanded that we be removed from the village. He constantly harassed us followed us around on the game and generally would not leave us alone.

Later, I built a small wooden structure up behind my house in a small area which was a few blocks above the front of my house. It was literally an experimental wooden building, tiny. Was literally just about to take it down when the village owner reported it on forums. Long story short, Tallon demanded that I destroy my house which I spent a month or so working on, would not even allow a mod to copy and paste it somewhere for me.

I spoke out about this publically on the forums and other problems I found with the server only for them to be ignored by Tallon and for me to be banned for my troubles. I was not completely in the right, I am aware of that, as I reacted to how the owner was treating us by trolling him for it a little bit. Since the mods and Tallon were not doing anything about it. Did not break any of the server rules in doing that though. I basically had to start again. The server has an attitude of whatever Tallon says goes, but he’s too quick to lay on harsh punishments and gives no time to anyone on there with an issue. He has a 'you’re wrong, I'm right' attitude to everyone, even mods. I was basically shunned when I spoke out against it.

There is, as far as I know, one regular girl who plays on there constantly. Tallon, and most of the mods love her, because she is nice to them. She would literally get anything she wanted on there and for no good reason. They worship the ground she walks on. So, of course, she was given mod. I did not mind that initially, until she started giving certain players certain privileges that she would not give anyone else because these people are her friends. When I asked her would she give me back my items if I died after she had done so for someone else she answered 'No, I did it for him because he is my friend'. Ridiculous.

On the forums someone was threatening to leave the server after being banned, and would not appeal. I just said that the server is actually ok; it’s worth appealing because he went through something similar. This mod publically told me to stay out of it, when all I was trying to do was help the guy out. I was annoyed and messaged her about it. Probably the wrong thing to do, I realised that, but I didn't bring it back up again to apologise because I thought it was forgotten about. Since then though, she was completely and utterly unfair to me, would not talk to me, answer my questions, called me out on the simplest of things, tried to impose a rule where I could not talk to my friend on there.

If I had to have complained I would have been ignored because all the mods love her so much, so I just acted like a dick to her because she was acting that way, never abused her though. Started messing with her, annoying her, because in fairness, she was being ridiculous. As a result, I am now banned from the server, complained about it on the forums because it is unfair, was accused of things in messages on forums by one of the mods which is just not true, like griefing. When I said that he banned me from the forums, came back, Tallon banned my IP.

They considered me breaking a few blocks of my friend’s house just so I could see it as griefing even though he did the same to me and neither of us cared, we always replaced the blocks. But I was punished for that and that was 3 months ago. We but our names on each other’s houses and nothing like that has happened since.

They did not like me, because I spoke my mind about the server, and got involved. They have no time on there for suggestions or feedback. Mods only really care about each other, complain about one of them and you are screwed. The dynamics are completely screwed, most of the mods I have dealt with have serious attitude problems, cannot be reasoned with and they hand out bans like biscuits.

They plain and simply do not care about players who are not VIP's.

This is a fair, and honest summary of my experience on there I have thought carefully about everything written here. One or two mods were actually genuine and cared, but they are the ones with no say. I maybe deserved a ban, but not a permanent ban, but definitely not to have my IP banned. I tried to get on with everyone I helped, gave out items, never griefed anyone or stole from anyone, never abused or ever cheated. I just like to get involved with the goings on the server and gave my opinions openly, have been banned for it. No one else would stand up to a mod out of fear of being banned, which is evident by my treatment.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

- Jimmy Two Face

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Why post this on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Not even reading that.

I had to move most of your threads and posts to a hidden forum as they were so aggressive and abusive!

This has nothing to do with Boards.ie either

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

correct me if im wrong here and i may be because i havent been on tals epic server of awesomeness but this server is provided free of charge to people as long as they apply for whitelist and follow the rules laid out by the owner...ie. the person financially responsable for it...ie. the person free to make any rules they like...ie. the person who allows you to play on their server provided you respect the rules and their decisions etc.

there is a lot more to it than that obviously but i dont wanna fill 10 pages explaining what can be said in a few sentences....unless im mistaken its a private server which you are allowed to play on having passed the whitelist and agreeing to the rules, tal can do literally anything he wants and you will either like it or leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jimmy Two Face

Thats a lie Tallon, you hid them because you were not arsed replying to them because you do not care. They were not at all abusive.

Boards.ie is a forum discussion is it not. Discussing your server and my experience on it.

Whats the problem?

wires wrote: »
    correct me if im wrong here and i may be because i havent been on tals epic server of awesomeness but this server is provided free of charge to people as long as they apply for whitelist and follow the rules laid out by the owner...ie. the person financially responsable for it...ie. the person free to make any rules they like...ie. the person who allows you to play on their server provided you respect the rules and their decisions etc.

there is a lot more to it than that obviously but i dont wanna fill 10 pages explaining what can be said in a few sentences....unless im mistaken its a private server which you are allowed to play on having passed the whitelist and agreeing to the rules, tal can do literally anything he wants and you will either like it or leave.

Yeah I understand that, does that mean he should though? Does that mean I can't post on here and give my opinion on the server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

Judging by the first two comments i'm going to guess that you just wasted your time OP.

Yeah I understand that, does that mean he should though? Does that mean I can't post on here and give my opinion on the server?

whether or not you may discuss it here or not is up to the boards.ie mods. its a separate entity and afaik not affiliated with tal himself apart from the fact that he has a thread for his (very popular) server here. i may be wrong about that i dont know him personally.

whether or not he can do as he likes on a server he pays for and spends truly vast amounts of time maintaining? are you kidding me?

Thats a lie Tallon, you hid them because you were not arsed replying to them because you do not care. They were not at all abusive.

Boards.ie is a forum discussion is it not. Discussing your server and my experience on it.

Whats the problem?
    Well there is a thread for my server, which you could have posted in.

You created multiple accounts, so I had to ban your IP, you then posted more nonsense on my YouTube... Not to mention all the messages to individual mods and admins

-You severely trolled (You admitted it on the forum)
    -You abused several members (including having very personal and franky disgraceful jibes at a female moderator)
    -You argued with me that griefing someones house 13 times was not griefing because you know the person in real life (repeatedly doing it even after you were warned to stop)
    -Extremely abusive language towards players when moderators are not online

Not to mention the fact that you have several previous bans for all of the above, it's not like you were just permanently banned for no reason!

Just go away... Join any of the other Millions and Millions of servers!

whether or not you may discuss it here or not is up to the boards.ie mods. its a separate entity and afaik not affiliated with tal himself apart from the fact that he has a thread for his (very popular) server here. i may be wrong about that i dont know him personally.

whether or not he can do as he likes on a server he pays for and spends truly vast amounts of time maintaining? are you kidding me?

From my experience, hes very rarely on the server, relies on the mods to do all his maintaining. I'm just letting people know my experience on the server.

I'm discussing his server, I know the website has nothing to do with him. I'm letting other people know of my experience who might be looking for servers to play on.

Tallon, you are severley exaggerating everything there, and no doubt everyone is going to believe you becaue I'm just some guy. Someone threatened to go to someones house and murder them on the server and mods let them back on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

tumblr_m5vl3oXJSe1qgq2az.gif

Tallon, you are severley exaggerating everything there, and no doubt everyone is going to believe you becaue I'm just some guy. Someone threatened to go to someones house and murder them on the server and mods let them back on.

Oh and banned several times, really? Banned once, after posting what happened to me in Hunton on forums.

From my experience, hes very rarely on the server,

I've been in Cork for the past 8 Weeks for work :rolleyes:
    relies on the mods to do all his maintaining.

Erm, that's Exactly what they're there for :confused: That's the same for every single other server...

i can tell you that the vast majority of the heavy admin work which goes into running a server does not require you to be ingame. in fact being ingame only serves as a distraction to the work you are trying to do so dont assume that tal does nothing because hes not ingame.

chin_grin wrote: »
    tumblr_m5vl3oXJSe1qgq2az.gif
    Sorry Chin :(

@Jimmy Two Face: I'll unban your IP later and let you post your thoughts over on the forum, as this has nothing to do with boards.ie and I don't want to detract from this forum

i can tell you that the vast majority of the heavy admin work which goes into running a server does not require you to be ingame. in fact being ingame only serves as a distraction to the work you are trying to do so dont assume that tal does nothing because hes not ingame.

Fair enough.

Someone threatened to go to someones house and murder them on the server and mods let them back on.

Who did this? Why was it never reported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Tallon wrote: »

Hahaha! Gimme back that wrong end there....! (That is...you took the....never mind).

:pac:

@Jimmy Two Face: I'll unban your IP later and let you post your thoughts over on the forum, as this has nothing to do with boards.ie

Right so, thats fair. I'll delete this thread as soon as that happens then if I can.

Dazdarius, he was banned for a month, but I think what I did was less severe then that, don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

He was banned and then it was sorted out by the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Dazdarius, he was banned for a month, but I think what I did was less severe then that, don't you?

Btw, the way you've acted about this is completely immature and embarrassing on your behalf.

It's not only embarrassing but I see this as a form of abuse and bullying towards people who've done nothing wrong to you or anyone else.

Time to get on with life.

See ya!

No!

What you did was worse, Daz was not really going to fly thousands of miles to someones house to murder them!

It's going to take me a while to get all the links together later for the massive list of things you have done since being on the server, so please bare with me and be patient!

I will link to the thread when I make it

Keep in mind, aswel, me and Inspironee are close friends, lived together for a year, both in our twenties. Correct me if Im wrong but two males in their twenties abuse eachother messing constantly. The cursing rule was not taken seriously, people did it constantly, only since about a week ago has it been taken seriously. Since then, I have genuinely tried to curse less.

While you're waiting, why not try the Boards.ie server and see if it would be better suited for you

Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056477479

Alternatively, here is a list of servers :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056223274

Saaron wrote: »
    Btw, the way you've acted about this is completely immature and embarrassing on your behalf.

It's not only embarrassing but I see this as a form of abuse and bullying towards people who've done nothing wrong to you or anyone else.

Time to get on with life.

See ya!

You're probably right!

While you're waiting, why not try the Boards.ie server and see if it would be better suited for you

Alternatively, here is a list of servers :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056223274

Will do. I am genuinely sorry about causing a rucus on your server. I really did not intend on hurting anyone. I know I messed too much, but thats just the way I am. I never damaged anyones stuff on there, nor did I set out to abuse or annoy anyone. It's just my wierd sense of humour. Most of the time it was intended to be a harmless mess that I hoped one of ye would play along with, and I maybe took it too far.

I'm too used to having friends like Inspironee, who does it to me, as much as I do it to him.

I'm not looking to get back on your server, it would be horrible for me as much as it would anyone else. But ya really did handle it unfairly in my opinion.

I stand by everything I said in this post, but I probably should not have posted it where I posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

fckuk_this_thread_im_out_of_here_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Cheers for that Tal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Scody94 wrote: »
    fckuk_this_thread_im_out_of_here_gif.gif

Thought you'd be the first one to stick around :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement