Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Swords

Options
  • 02-07-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Friend about to start work in Swords. What areas would be nice for a house share/bedsit? What are the transport options to the city centre? (& how long do they take?-she has no car!) Any other info on this area greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The closer to the town centre, the better, I would say, since she has no car. If she's commuting to the city centre, the options are Dublin Bus (which takes 45 - 55 mins and unpleasant) or the Swords Express (private company, 20 - 35mins, quick but more expensive). Slightly more awkward but it is an option, would be the bus to Malahide and then the DART but I don't have any recent experience with that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thanks pinkypinky. She will be working in swords but will need to go to cc weekly for train/bus home. Would malahide be too far from swords centre (where she will be working)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Living in Malahide and working in Swords is doable, but she will be relying on a single local bus route. If she was in Seabury/Waterside area of Malahide, then the centre of Swords is walkable too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

you could walk malahide to swords in 30 - 40 minutes, used to do it all the time, or cycle nice quick route. The 102 is the bus that goes between them, it is fairly regular, personally I would cycle.

Advertisement