Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 x 20" bezels removed

Options
  • 02-07-2012 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

So now that I'm back on the eyefinity band wagon I've stripped down my 3 20"ers of the bezels and am wondering if a) I should have planned this better and b) if anyone has done this and has a good solution for holding them togeather.

I'm using 2 VESA adjustable stands and a standard on on the viewsonic to line them all up - but I wouldn't mind some kind of strip down the back of the joins.

Bloody viewsonic wasn't self contained so had to keep the back of it on. I think it'll be getting a hacksaw taken to it at some point but at the moment I seem to be able to line up the other two LCDs even given the 'lip'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Pictures maybe? Not that I have any experience but it might be more explanitory as to how thick the bezels were then and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm gonna tinker with it a bit and then put some pics up - because I was using three different monitors it looked odd... well I'm not sure I fixed that particualar problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If its to keep them level and stop them slipping up and down off each other on the vertical joints, maybe cut & super glue some Velcro strips on the sides?

Sounds like you are not too concerned about them if you're introducing the hacksaw to one of them.:D

Well thats a great idea - hadn't though about that - they do keep moving so velcro should solve that Thanks!

I've had to put the bezels back on as the LG unit wasn't self contained and eventually just eneded up as a puddle of bits on my desk. I'd already chopped up the viewsonic front bezel so I couldnt put that back on. But... that seemed to be the solution tbh they sit really nicely togeather now.

Once I put in some velcro and edge it with something - I'l post pics but thet just look silly atm.

PS I dont recomend this! I only did it as monitors under 24" aren't shifting on adverts anymore.

Heh, no probs-been there bought the tshirt with a dell & 2 x HP 22"s. When you say LG unit wasn't self contained, take it the PSU & gubbins in the back were not fixed to the back of the metal LCD enclosure. Can you post a few pics? sounds like you could maybe fix the screen and parts to the back plastic enclosure and dump the front part?

BTW Halfords do velcro.

• Advertisement

One thing I've noticed is the picture isnt filling the screen with the bezels removed. I'm almost sure it used to. I've tried adjusting the overscan (but it's greyed out) and the GPU scaling makes no difference. It's less noticeable with the bezels back on the two side LCDs but its still there. The menu options on the OSD are greyed out to even try and move the V and H positions to see if its something in software.

I'm almost certain is started when the right hand side LG fell apart onto my keyboard. Any thoughts?

The Viewsonic and LG are actually the same panel with different gubbings behind.

Is this screen issue there only when grouped in eyefinity, or on its own?

Are the resolutions of all three monitors the same?

Not sure about the overscan issue, maybe windows is not recognising the resolution of the monitor? A reinstall of the graphics drivers may help, could also unplug that screen, delete any drivers for it if any were installed, and plug it back in so windows re-installs it.

Could be that you knocked off the OSD buttons and caused a monitor setting to change, can you get it back together and reset it to default settings?

Advertisement