Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TU Me or Viber

• 02-07-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anybody got any experience of both and if either works better
    Calls will be from Ireland to Spain
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

soundsham wrote: »
    Just wondering has anybody got any experience of both and if either works better
    Calls will be from Ireland to Spain
    Thanks

Viber is well established.

Tu ME is slick, borrowing much from Path in look and feel and is Spanish! One big but though -it doesn't run in the background and manages to trounce its very reason for being!

Daft!

Go with Viber for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
    We are delighted to see this discussion about our app, and we are here to provide you with direct help :)

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
    Thanks,
    Viber Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

culabula wrote: »
    Viber is well established.

Tu ME is slick, borrowing much from Path in look and feel and is Spanish! One big but though -it doesn't run in the background and manages to trounce its very reason for being!

Daft!

Go with Viber for now.
    Thanks was thinking same as its well established
    The other user my father is even less tech savvy than me and I'm middle of the road
    It's his 1st iPhone or smartphone and he spends 7 or 8 months in Spain so he could save a bit on some calls,he has broadband in his house though he must sort a router for ease of access

I installed whatsapp and viber before he left last week

His buddy mentioned TU Me to him so I just thought to enquire here as when I looked I oo thought it was very slick
    How does not running in background affect how it runs ?
    Do you mean it has to be open to receive a call by both users

The other user my father is even less tech savvy than me and I'm middle of the road
    It's his 1st iPhone or smartphone and he spends 7 or 8 months in Spain so he could save a bit on some calls,he has broadband in his house though he must sort a router for ease of access

His buddy mentioned TU Me to him so I just thought to enquire here as when I looked I oo thought it was very slick

More or less. Essentially you have to send SMS to the other party to get them to run the app, unless by chance they actually have it open.

Actual location of either party should not matter. Both parties need to be online either by wifi or 3G.

• Advertisement
Advertisement