Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removal of post

Options
  • 02-07-2012 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

i am here for the first time so please correct me if i do anything wrong.

i feel as though i am receiving unfair attention from a mod.

it seemed to start a few months back and is now getting worse. i was banned for a month but i am not disputing that.

when i was allowed back on i decided to refresh my add for a rifle i have for sale. my original add had received little or no attention and was way way back the pages on the for sale section.

so instead of just bumping it i started a new thread with new pics that didnt have any animals in it like before. just the bare rifle with no scope.

it seemed to work because i received a notification email saying i had a reply and to check on boards.ie.

to my horror the reply had been deleted by the mod and my new add was pasted on the back of the old now dead add.which completely defeated the purpose of the new pictures and add.

his reasoning was that it is against the rules to have 2 adds for the same thing. even though he has a new add for his rifle that has been for sale several times before with the same pictures and same details.
    now maybe he can delete old posts but i cant and all i want to do is sell my rifle.

also the removal of an expression of interest. from a lad that said he might have money in a few months and was very interested. only for the fact that i got an email notification i would never have known about this.
    that is just not on.

i am looking forward to sorting this out as it just cant continue

thanks for your time

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't within the remit of DRP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i was sent here by the mods

can you tell me what happens now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The mods/cat mods/admins can discuss the complaint with you.

cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I am looking into this, and will get back to you in the next day or so. We are volunteers with other commitments outside of boards, so please be patient.

Thanks,
    Black Swan

• Advertisement

Black Swan wrote: »
    I am looking into this, and will get back to you in the next day or so. We are volunteers with other commitments outside of boards, so please be patient.

Thanks,
    Black Swan

i understand and fully appreciate your volunteer status. i am in no rush but i would like this carry on to stop.

thanks for your reply.

talk to you soon

Thanks,
    Black Swan

i understand and fully appreciate your volunteer status. i am in no rush but i would like this carry on to stop.

thanks for your reply.

talk to you soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    i was banned for a month but i am not disputing that.

when i was allowed back on i decided to refresh my add for a rifle i have for sale. my original add had received little or no attention and was way way back the pages on the for sale section.

so instead of just bumping it i started a new thread with new pics that didnt have any animals in it like before. just the bare rifle with no scope.
    So before contacting a mod, or being contacted by a mod, your 1st action upon return from a month long ban was to break the charter rules?
    i feel as though i am receiving unfair attention from a mod.

Members of the forum community reported your posts. This drew the attention of the mods. Was it “receiving unfair attention from a mod” when they were called to enforce the rules you had just broken?

Upon reviewing your history, I find no additional warnings, infractions, or bans issued by the mods since you came off your ban, even though you broke the rules. If you were “receiving unfair attention,” I would expect very harsh actions from the mods, especially after they had received very personally abusive comments from you by PM.

Consequently, I find no merit in your claim of bias, or what you referred to as “receiving unfair attention.” Furthermore, I would recommend that you read and comply with the charter before posting again in the future.

The Sports Cmod review of this Help complaint has been completed. If you wish Admin review, please request this now, or otherwise ask that this thread be closed.

So before contacting a mod, or being contacted by a mod, your 1st action upon return from a month long ban was to break the charter rules?

Members of the forum community reported your posts. This drew the attention of the mods. Was it “receiving unfair attention from a mod” when they were called to enforce the rules you had just broken?

Upon reviewing your history, I find no additional warnings, infractions, or bans issued by the mods since you came off your ban, even though you broke the rules. If you were “receiving unfair attention,” I would expect very harsh actions from the mods, especially after they had received very personally abusive comments from you by PM.

Consequently, I find no merit in your claim of bias, or what you referred to as “receiving unfair attention.” Furthermore, I would recommend that you read and comply with the charter before posting again in the future.

The Sports Cmod review of this Help complaint has been completed. If you wish Admin review, please request this now, or otherwise ask that this thread be closed.

thanks for your review.
    but as far as the first thing i did when back from the ban. which i got for stating a fact. was to put up a new thread as i considered the old one a dead thread. i didnt do this to break the rules i was just trying to sell my rifle. is there some time span upon which i may re advertise something i have for sale.
    i know of plenty of lads that had stuff for sale and decided to start new threads when the old one didnt work.
    the obvious one that keeps being ignored when i say it is the one that ezridax has which has been for sale on more than one occasion.
    i dont relay care about that i am just using it as an example. is it a perk that mods have that we dont. if so then fair enough.

as for abusive pm i only sent one out of frustration. and to be honest it is well deserved. ezridax uses his status as a mod to change posts regularly in order to wind people up or to mock people or get them in a knot.
    he often removes or changes posts that might make him look bad.
    but it would seem as though anything i say here is a waist of time. all you see is the ban and previous infractions. you dont know why i got them or why i allowed my self to get them.
    they all stem for the same reason. it is way to long a story to try and explain.

anyway to get back to the point. ezridax removed a post from my thread. this poster expressed an interest in my rifle. only for the fact that i got an email notification i would never have known.
    i was able to contact the poster who is indeed interested and is now looking into getting it licensed.
    my anger stems from the fact that ezridax decided to delete this poster. i honestly think he did it on purpose yet uses his interpretation of the rules to hide behind.

i am not happy with ezridax and i am not letting this of with a simple statement like. " you were a bold boy before so you must deserve it"

its not expectable

Please advise.

• Advertisement

Please advise.

If this is your way of asking weather or not I want to bring this complaint further. Then the answer is yes please do.

Although from the way I have been treated so far I don't hold out much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Having reviewed the available information, I have to agree with Black Swan.

I do not see anything wrong with what the moderator did here. I think you may need to have a good look at the way the forum is run and the way you interact with others on the forum.

Nobody is out to get you, nobody is giving you undue attention.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Having reviewed the available information, I have to agree with Black Swan.

I do not see anything wrong with what the moderator did here. I think you may need to have a good look at the way the forum is run and the way you interact with others on the forum.

Nobody is out to get you, nobody is giving you undue attention.

so it is ok to delete a potential customer from my for sale thread.
    and no one yet can tell me why it is ok for him to put up the same thread in the for sale section and i cant

i guessed i would get this answer.

i want something done about the deletion of my post.

i want something done about the deletion of my post.

What do you want done?

What do you want done?

an admission of what he did. an apology. and a some kind of warning or infraction like everyone else gets if they do something wrong

an admission of what he did. an apology. and a some kind of warning or infraction like everyone else gets if they do something wrong

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

The moderator did what he volunteered to do - keep the forum running as smoothly as possible. It has been reviewed by both myself and a Category Moderator and we both agree there is no problem here and therefore no further action to be taken.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

The moderator did what he volunteered to do - keep the forum running as smoothly as possible. It has been reviewed by both myself and a Category Moderator and we both agree there is no problem here and therefore no further action to be taken.

i thought as much. but then why did you ask.
    or why is there even any point in complaining,
    he deleted a post of a potential customer. that is not on.
    he can put his rifle up for sale as many times as he wants and i cant.

at the very least can i ask you if it is ok for me to put up a new thread as i originally wanted to do.

all i want to do is sell my rifle. if you want to delete my old thread i dont mind

at the very least can i ask you if it is ok for me to put up a new thread as i originally wanted to do.

That is not a matter for me to decide - it is up to the local moderators.

So I suggest you contact them regarding this request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement