Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highest Kill Count

• 02-07-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I saw a picture here on the internet recently of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao having the most absurdly high Kill/Death ratios in history, but... they didn't actually do any of the dirty work.

My question is, which individual person in history is directly responsible for the most deaths ever? And by that, I mean the guy who pulled the metaphorical trigger.

Maybe one of the guys at Aushwitz who dropped the gas canisters in through the roof? Thoughts?

probably best to excluded Paul Warfield Tibbets (the guy who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima) because well, unfair advantage!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rambo racked up a fair few kills when he wenting hiking in Burman a few years back.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

the most absurdly high Kill/Death ratios in history!

Sounds like someones been playing a bit too much call of duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

R019912 wrote: »
    Sounds like someones been playing a bit too much call of duty.

BF3 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Simo Häyhä, Finnish sniper killed 500+ men. There's probably some fighter pilot that sank a battleship in the Pacific during WW2 that has more kills but for a man using a rifle with iron sights it's impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My question is, which individual person in history is directly responsible for the most deaths ever? And by that, I mean the guy who pulled the metaphorical trigger.

If you signed off on an execution order you'd be metaphorically pulling the trigger.

Do you mean actually pulling the trigger?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Highest kill count today would be the cia/al qaeda..

Between them a lot of people got shot to pieces or blown up and taken hostage and murdered..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

If you're talking about one singular incident then I'd say that bloke Tibbets who dropped the Hiroshima bomb, took out about 100,000 in one felt swoop and thousands afterwards from the after effects.

Kill/death ratio? Since this is real life, then people generally only die once ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Merkin wrote: »
    If you're talking about one singular incident then I'd say that bloke Tibbets who dropped the Hiroshima bomb, took out about 100,000 in one felt swoop and thousands afterwards from the after effects.

Yes, he went nuclear on their asses.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If you signed off on an execution order you'd be metaphorically pulling the trigger.

no I mean metaphorically... as in it could be droping a grenade, giving a lethal injection, steering a plane into a building etc. the direct and final action which results in death of the other party.

@ Merkin, yeah, probably was Tibbets, but in fairness, that was basically Spawn Rape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Manfred von Richthofen

Kill/death ratio? Since this is real life, then people generally only die once ...

bonus points if you die more than once :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

This Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

This guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Blokhin
    was the NKVD's chief executioner during Stalin's purges and WWII. "Blokhin is recorded as having personally executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including the notorious Katyn Massacre of 7,000 Polish officers "

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Not really. Dropping a bomb doesn't constitute 'pulling a trigger' and neither does releasing a canister of gas.

I think you must be one of those people who says 'literally' but means something else entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

How many people did Harold Shipman kill? I'm sure it was into 100s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

More people killed since the introduction of Abortion in the USA than in both world wars.
    So American Doctors, biggest killers on earth. Second biggest Killers, the American Army, anyone seeing a pattern?

MetalDog wrote: »
    was the NKVD's chief executioner during Stalin's purges and WWII. "Blokhin is recorded as having personally executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including the notorious Katyn Massacre of 7,000 Polish officers "

Jaysus, never realised Katyn was a one-man show. One every three minutes over 28 days.

MetalDog wrote: »

Jaysus, I never heard of this fela either. fliiiip. that's pretty insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Thug Behram (1765-1840) of the Thugee cult in India was thought to have individually killed 931 people during his time with group. He was hanged by the British in 1840. Behram himself put his final total at just over 150.

Note the name 'Thugee', this the origin of the word thug in the English language.

• Advertisement

forfuxsake wrote: »
    I think you must be one of those people who says 'literally' but means something else entirely.

You think wrong. Literally. ;)

no I mean metaphorically... as in it could be droping a grenade, giving a lethal injection, steering a plane into a building etc. the direct and final action which results in death of the other party.

Yes but the thing is that as in my example "metaphorically pulling the trigger" can also apply to someone who makes an order and indirectly kills someone. I've never heard about someone setting off a bomb being referred to as having "pulled the trigger".

There's little need to use the metaphor in a case where the action was the direct cause of the death. That's why I queried what you meant.

More people killed since the introduction of Abortion in the USA than in both world wars.
    So American Doctors, biggest killers on earth. Second biggest Killers, the American Army, anyone seeing a pattern?

I see a pattern of you missing the point of the thread!

The OP is asking about one individual person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thug Behram (1765-1840) of the Thugee cult in India was thought to have individually killed 931 people during his time with group. He was hanged by the British in 1840. Behram himself put his final total at just over 150.

Note the name 'Thugee', this the origin of the word thug in the English language.

then Indiana Jones wandered into their temple of doom and fucked all their shit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

I see a pattern of you missing the point of the thread!

The OP is asking about one individual person.

stalin.....estimates are around 55 million...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

Nice try to covertly introduce the anti-abortion agenda. If you really want to apply that fallacious every-embryo-is-a-human-life argument, then you must also acknowledge the deaths of five hundred million sperm cells killed in every ****. Therefore, the biggest killers in history are young single males who can't get laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He gave orders, signed death warrants etc but he didn't himself personally kill each and every person.

*smacks head*

Read the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Are we talking indirectly or directly?
    Hitler did start off WW2 (as far as I know) and that's been the highest body count known so far.

Directly are we talking things like the Finnish sniper who was part of a war or are we talking about spree killers (like rampages) or just complete nutjob serial killers like Countess Elizabeth Báthory?

And this topic is morbid and I feel bad.

*smacks head*

Read the OP.

nods head....read the post's..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In 1938 the Chinese Nationalists blew up a dam on the Yellow River during a retreat from the Japanese. No warning was given. No one was keeping statistics but death toll was at least half a million, if you include famine and related deaths perhaps over three million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Lisandro wrote: »
    Nice try to covertly introduce the anti-abortion agenda. If you really want to apply that fallacious every-embryo-is-a-human-life argument, then you must also acknowledge the deaths of five hundred million sperm cells killed in every ****. Therefore, the biggest killers in history are young single males who can't get laid.
    And what about females who use contraception to prevent fertilisation of ova? Most of us are murderers:eek::rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

submariners

cba looking up the exact incidents but these are over 10,000 each

but Soviet submarine sinking several liners in the Baltic in 1945

US submarine sinking several hell ships

Are we talking indirectly or directly?
    Hitler did start off WW2 (as far as I know) and that's been the highest body count known so far.

Directly are we talking things like the Finnish sniper who was part of a war or are we talking about spree killers (like rampages) or just complete nutjob serial killers like Countess Elizabeth Báthory?

ww2 estimates.......44 million killed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Richard kuklinski deserves an 'honourable' mention.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

There are a few interviews with him on youtube, which are fascinating and quite chilling to watch.
    The guy was a complete and utter psycho who truly loved his job of killing people.

Concentration camps in Yugoslavia and Japanese in China both had competitions to see who could kill more people in one after another :(

A Russian stood a lot of Alaskan natives in a line to see how many could be killed with one bullet (7?)

The Rifs complained about being tired from cutting the throats of Spanish Prisoners.

Basil II was known as the Bulgar slayer. He captured 15,000 Bulgars. 150 of them had one eye put out, the rest were blinded. They were sent home in a trail with the one eyed guy leading 99 blind ones.

Probably worse stories from the DRC :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

During WW2 there were units called SonderKommando, usually Waffen SS, who followed the front line Units "mopping up". Any man who was a Sonderkommando would have personally likly killed several hundred, probably even a few thousand individuals.
    Any hardened(ie Veteran)front line Wehrmacht/SS Machine gunner on the Eastern front would have thousands of kills as generally they were confronted with human wave attacks of poorly armed and trained Russian conscripts and the bodies would be piled 15 deep in front of their emplacements during an attack.
    The lone machine gunner at Omaha beach, I can't remember his name, was attributed somthing like 1700 kills on that single day alone. The Mg 42 was a devastating weapon against massed attacks and the operators took phenomenally high levels of kills. My old lad was a MG42 gunner. He said the barrels would melt so many rounds would be fired, they'd change the barrels and shoot on - hundreds of men shot in a single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I saw a picture here on the internet recently of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao having the most absurdly high Kill/Death ratios in history, but... they didn't actually do any of the dirty work.

Maybe one of the guys at Aushwitz who dropped the gas canisters in through the roof? Thoughts?

probably best to excluded Paul Warfield Tibbets (the guy who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima) because well, unfair advantage!

Actually using your own rules you probably have to leave out Tibbets since AFAIK the bombardier in a B29 was given control by the pilot to make the final bombing run.

Thus at 8.09 Tibbets gave over control to Tom Ferebee the bombardier on board the Enola Gay.
    Thus AFAIK he was the guy with the bombsight and he was the one who actually as you put it pulled the trigger.
    On the Nagasaki they had problems visually sighting the target, but eventually the Bockscar's bombardier, Captain Kermit Beahan, got a break in the clouds to see the target.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Pottler wrote: »
    During WW2 there were units called SonderKommando, usually Waffen SS, who followed the front line Units "mopping up". Any man who was a Sonderkommando would have personally likly killed several hundred, probably even a few thousand individuals.
    Any hardened(ie Veteran)front line Wehrmacht/SS Machine gunner on the Eastern front would have thousands of kills as generally they were confronted with human wave attacks of poorly armed and trained Russian conscripts and the bodies would be piled 15 deep in front of their emplacements during an attack.
    The lone machine gunner at Omaha beach, I can't remember his name, was attributed somthing like 1700 kills on that single day alone. The Mg 42 was a devastating weapon against massed attacks and the operators took phenomenally high levels of kills. My old lad was a MG42 gunner. He said the barrels would melt so many rounds would be fired, they'd change the barrels and shoot on - hundreds of men shot in a single day.

Are you on about the young guy who claimed he was praying as he fired the MG ?

I am not allowed discuss …

he must have killed every gi that fell that day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

George bush, when he was governor of Texas racked up quite a few!

• Advertisement

You think wrong. Literally. ;)

Yes but the thing is that as in my example "metaphorically pulling the trigger" can also apply to someone who makes an order and indirectly kills someone. I've never heard about someone setting off a bomb being referred to as having "pulled the trigger".

There's little need to use the metaphor in a case where the action was the direct cause of the death. That's why I queried what you meant.

That is literally the second most retardest thing I have ever heard.

the first was ' itheceem ergh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

he must have killed every gi that fell that day....
    His name was Heinrich Severloh, and no, not every GI, just 3/4 of them. He fired an estimated 12000 rounds singlehanded and then fired on the survivors with his Mauser rifle. Google it.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Vasili Blokhin was fairly busy chap

"Blokhin is recorded as having personally executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including the notorious Katyn Massacre of 7,000 Polish officers (each night 250 men were shot one by one, over a month's time)[2][3]—making him the most prolific official executioner in recorded world history.[2][4] He was awarded both the Order of the Badge of Honor (1937) and the Order of the Red Banner (1941)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Blokhin

His name was Heinrich Severloh, and no, not every GI, just 3/4 of them. He fired an estimated 12000 rounds singlehanded and then fired on the survivors with his Mauser rifle. Google it.:)

i was not denying it.......there was no cover......

i would not google for evidence like that.....there probably was many like him, with the same oppertunities.......

i belive the german army fired 4 million rounds in stalingrad alone.....he must have changed barrels a few times......

casualties for an attacking force....are expected to be at least 3 to 1........

i was not denying it.......there was no cover......

i would not google for evidence like that.....there probably was many like him, with the same oppertunities.......

i belive the german army fired 4 million rounds in stalingrad alone.....he must have changed barrels a few times......

casualties for an attacking force....are expected to be at least 3 to 1........

but of course......he lost.....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Jesus Christ.

jmayo wrote: »
    Captain Kermit Beahan, got a break in the clouds to see the target.
    judging by how far they missed the intersection of the bridges, it's more likely that it was actually aimed by radar

(The Bismark wasn't seen in a gap in the clouds, that was radar)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Whatever pilot released the Nuclear Bomb in the Enola Gay over Hiroshima definitely had the highest kill count. That Belgian scientest who invented aids has a massive kill count also.

tadgho wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.
    How many'd he kill?

• Advertisement
Advertisement