Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of acceptance deposit

• 02-07-2012 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone ever successfully received a refund on the deposit needed to secure a place on a course at DIT. I accepted a place, paid the deposit, but now can't take the course. I twice emailed a courteous request for the money back, 300, pointing out that I realise they have no obligation to, but given the fact I paid my fees promptly, circa 6k for my previous course, and my early notice that I cant accept the place, would they refund the money as a gesture of goodwill, but have not received a reply. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

statss wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone ever successfully received a refund on the deposit needed to secure a place on a course at DIT. I accepted a place, paid the deposit, but now can't take the course. I twice emailed a courteous request for the money back, 300, pointing out that I realise they have no obligation to, but given the fact I paid my fees promptly, circa 6k for my previous course, and my early notice that I cant accept the place, would they refund the money as a gesture of goodwill, but have not received a reply. Any thoughts?
    As you said, they are not under any obligation to refund you, but it would be pretty lousey of them not to. Maybe give it a few days and if still no response then give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JAbraham

Hi,

Did you manage to get it refunded ? I'm having the same situation so wondering if there is any scope for refund.

Regards
    J Abraham.

Advertisement