Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPP insurance on Meteor Bill Pay

Options
  • 02-07-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a quick question, sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

I signed up to Meteor yesterday on a 18th month contract. When I got to the store and asked for the 40e offer the staff member told me it was 50e in store and the 40e was only available online. I turned to leave and he then told me he could work around this. While signing up for the contract I also decided to get insurance as im awful at losing/breaking phones! This was an additional 10e per month.

So here's my question. On my contract it says im on "Bill Pay Smart EUR50 - 18 Months", I assumed at the time that 50e was the 40e I discussed with the staff member and the 10e for the insurance. However upon thinking about it I find it a little odd. Could anyone tell me if this is how there contract looks as well, is the 50e the combined figure and what ill be billed per month?
    I know I should have asked this at the time but I was stupidly rushing off else where :pac:

Also if the sales guy shafted me, an I get out of the contract as its only been a day? Thanks very much for any help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

The contract is still for €50 but you will be given a €10 discount every month if this was agreed!
    The CPP insurance will be a seperate direct debit and can be canceled at any time as it is not linked to the contract!
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Wintergreen

Thanks for the quick response! There's no mention of any discount though? I just find it a little odd, plus ive nothing written that says the guy reduced my bill to the rate advertised online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

It never goes on the contract! Give customer care a call if u want and they'll confirm if the discount is added to your account!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

wanabe wrote: »
    It never goes on the contract! Give customer care a call if u want and they'll confirm if the discount is added to your account!
    It should do. Please don't take this as a personal attack on you, but it's foolish not too. The written contract is your evidence of the agreement. Ever hear the expression "Oral contract? Not worth the paper it's written on!"? Effectively what you're relying on is an oral addendum to the contract. You should always ask the sales representative to document the addendums and they should be signed or initialed by both parties. This takes minimal effort and could save a huge amount of hassle down the line. The sales rep might huff and puff a little, but why would they reasonably refuse? A mobile phone service contract is a relatively significant commitment.

Advertisement