Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOURCES: BETTMAN TO REDUCE TORRES SUSPENSION BY FOUR GAMES

Options
  • 02-07-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399768

Sources say NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has decided to reduce Raffi Torres' remaining suspension from 12 games down to eight.

The Phoenix Coyotes forward was suspended 25 games after a hit on Chicago's Marian Hossa in Game 3 of first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Coyotes played 13 games in the playoffs after Torres was suspended before bowing out to the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.

Gutless on so many levels.

I'm referring to Torres and Bettman.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 romanm

It's a shame!Torres could send Hossa to the wheelchair for the rest of his life and now he's the one who is laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399768

Sources say NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has decided to reduce Raffi Torres' remaining suspension from 12 games down to eight.

The Phoenix Coyotes forward was suspended 25 games after a hit on Chicago's Marian Hossa in Game 3 of first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Coyotes played 13 games in the playoffs after Torres was suspended before bowing out to the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.

Gutless on so many levels.

I'm referring to Torres and Bettman.

What sort of a message is that supposed to send out to the league? Hang your head in shame, Bettman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

History has shown that he will do it again. I am very eager to see what happens the next time he gets called for a hit to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Have to agree. Even though he is a former Canuck, hes dangerous and crosses the line way too many times. If Bettman wants to make rulings on suspensions, he shouldnt have assigned Shanahan. Its a slap in his face aswell as the game. I think that they should consider ejecting a player who has a history like his but I guess it doesnt work like that.

Advertisement