Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop floor rates

Options
  • 02-07-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know if i convert my retail shop space into an office space will i still have to pay the floor rates?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Commercial rates are an annual charge on commercial property to pay for the general provision of services of local authorities. Commercial rates do not represent payment for any particular service provided to any speific ratepayer.They are payable on commercial, industrial and some other non-domestic properties. The local authorities charge commercial rates on the basis of the valuations provided to them by the Valuation Office.
    http://www.valoff.ie/revaluation_faq.html

How does it sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

AaronB wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know if i convert my retail shop space into an office space will i still have to pay the floor rates?

Regards,

If you are using the space as part of your business/commercial venture then yes you would have to pay rates on the space, the only areas that arent subject to rates as far as I am aware are outdoor areas

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aaronsti

thanks everyone, i just wanted to clear that one up.
    Was playing with some idea's and wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Advertisement