Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceled card :(

Options
  • 02-07-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,540 ✭✭✭✭

Typical Monday story here.

I lost my new Visa debit card today, I only got it last week as well, typical of my luck.

I have canceled it anyway to be safe, it could be anywhere so I covered the bases by canceling it.

One thing though, when I canceled the card, the woman on the phone said that I would need to go to my local branch to get a new one, which is awkward for me as I work in the city center and am not able to get to my local. I do work beside the big branch on Baggot street, could I go there to get my new one all sorted out?

Kind Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Gintonious,

Sorry to hear you've lost your new card, you were right to have it cancelled immediately.

If you have a 365 PIN, you can request a replacement card by calling Banking 365 on 0818 365365 or your account holding branch. Alternatively, if you have photo id with you, you can call into any branch to request a replacement card.

The card will be sent to the address on your account and will reach you 6 - 8 working days after it is ordered. The charge to replace a lost or stolen card is €5.90.

If you need to access cash while waiting for your new card, you can call into any branch with photo id.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,540 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the response, I work right around the corner from the Baggot street branch so will drop in on my lunch, it saves a lot of hassle for me doing this.

I have my passport and bank statement with me so that should be fine as well.

Thanks again for the response.

Advertisement