Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank to change to with a Visa Debit card?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey,

Were with Ulster Bank, now were are changing banks for obvious reasons! We have a visa debit card with Ulster bank and its way better.

Just wondering whats the best bank to go with that has a visa debit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

BOI are now issuing Visa Debit cards instead of Laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Lambo28 wrote: »
    Hey,

Were with Ulster Bank, now were are changing banks for obvious reasons! We have a visa debit card with Ulster bank and its way better.

Just wondering whats the best bank to go with that has a visa debit card?

PTSB , i just signed up today, Visa Debit Card in the post.

They have very cheap fees even if you don't qualify for "free Banking" but its very easy to get. €12 I was been charged €25 by BOI.

Use open24 for 1 transaction per quarter.
    Use your Visa Debit Card for 18 Transactions per quarter
    Lodge 3000 euro per quarter

And even you open in the middle of the quarter, they dont start counting until 1st Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Whilst considering this myself, isn't the transition time ten days or so to move?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

MugMugs wrote: »
    Whilst considering this myself, isn't the transition time ten days or so to move?

Sure it will probably take that long for Ulster Bank to get back up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lambo28 wrote: »

Sure it will probably take that long for Ulster Bank to get back up and running!

I believe so. Assuming that this won't happen again, I don't really see the point judging by some of the statements being made re other banks on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Already have an account number - took 20-25 minutes.

I will keep Ulster bank account for now, there is no panic. I just wanted to be sure i have back-up plan if things go slower than expected. I will move incoming payments to PTSB, and leave debits with Ulster for now.
    It may stay this way, since it won't cost me a cent.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 da_shee

I genuinely thought the UB problem would be sorted by now. I took cash from work this month because I'm off to Greece for a week this Friday. I was hoping i'd be able to deposit the cash once the problem was fixed. Now it looks as though i'll have to bring cash with me which I was hoping to avoid.

Just wondering, it's prob not possible in this country, but does anyone know of anyway I can open an account and get a debit/maestro/laser card on the same day?

Advertisement