Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we take a gap year after Leaving cert?

• 02-07-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I know many british students have done it but can we do it after LC? And in the following year can we use the LC results that we have already got as apply to the unis via CAO? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yes you can.
    You can also accept a college place and defer it for one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VCX

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Yes you can.
    You can also accept a college place and defer it for one year.

:) Thanks so much for answering!

If I defer a college place for one year, when shall i pay the tuition fees by then? And i am also wondering if i do the gap year i probably will try to apply to british unis in the following year, once i accepted a place from a college, will it be OK to apply to the other unis in next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

VCX wrote: »
    :) Thanks so much for answering!

If I defer a college place for one year, when shall i pay the tuition fees by then? And i am also wondering if i do the gap year i probably will try to apply to british unis in the following year, once i accepted a place from a college, will it be OK to apply to the other unis in next year?

You pay the fees when you actually go to college I think.

It's against the rules to apply to any other courses in Ireland while you have a course place deferred, but I don't know anything about England. As long as they don't find out you're ok I suppose.
    I don't know why you wan't to do these things arseways though. Could you not have just applied to the CAO and to UCAS this year?

Advertisement