Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grrr messy spot on treatment

• 02-07-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

PLEASE put me out my misery here guys.. I've just applied Advantage to my GR - it's the 25kg+ one so I do 4 spots - shoulder blades, between his hips and 2 spots in between. As usual he now has a big streak of it down his side where it's run down. Does this happen to anyone else or am I doing it wrong?! Drives me MAD! :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Happens to me as well.I even practice parting the hair first etc which goes perfect but when I actually go to do the deed it some of it always ends up running down the furbaby's coat.
    The vet says though it will be absorbed in all the same though.
    Thats if I can stop her rubbing it in all over the sofa or me. :D.
    You are not alone in this :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

After reading the instructions on my own one it says this only usually happens if you apply too much to that area. Try spreading it out evenly in the four spots. Although that said this does happen sometimes with my labrador afterwards, he loves to roll around after having it done !

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I usually spread it over six places starting high up on the neck & the last spot is just below the shoulder blades. I usually do it before he goes to bed so he can't rub it off the furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I usually spread it over six places starting high up on the neck & the last spot is just below the shoulder blades. I usually do it before he goes to bed so he can't rub it off the furniture.

Thanks I might do it over more spots next time. I do it evenly over the 4 but it still runs down the side. At least I know I'm not the only one lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I find spot on treatments run down to one side regardless of how much/size of dog - if I put it onto smaller dogs necks it ends up half way behind their ears! I always make sure to part the hair and put it on the skin but happens every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It only runs down if it's not given a chance to soak in, easier said than done if a dog is fidgety but if you can part it and get right to the skin then slowly drop by drop and do it in a wider circle it shouldn't run. It does leave a streak though and I find it can leave dandruffy stuff once it dries.

My lot know what to do now ..at first they were fidgety..but they've gotten used to it and the minute they see the tube they come over and just sit, one used to roll over which was a pain but she knows now just to sit quietly just from having it done regularly.

I can imagine the bigger the dog the trickier it is, maybe for a larger dog the spray might be more practical and maybe cheaper?

Advertisement