Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin clubs

Options
  • 02-07-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Heading to Berlin this Thursday and hoping to go to either Weekend or Watergate on the Thursday night. Last time I was there I was with a bunch of lads and we had serious trouble getting into these places (among others). This time I'll be heading with my girlfriend so I'm thinking we probably have a better chance.

Neither of us speak any German so I'm afraid that might instantly burn us at the door. I was thinking of emailing them in advance to try to get on the guest list. Would I be too late at this stage? ANyone got any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

get there early, look sober and be pleasent to the door staff. The big problem Berlin clubs perceive with English speakers is the concern that you'll turn into the stereotypical lager lout so anything you can do to ease those concerns will help. I reckon being with your girlfriend is infinately better than bellying up to the door with your mates. Best of luck mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Thanks for that. What would be considered "early" for Berlin?

Advertisement