Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dithane

Options
  • 02-07-2012 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

So what's the craic folks? I've heard various stories, people online can't seem to get it in a lot of places. I've heard it lost it's license, then got/applied for a new one. I asked one place it's for sale, they told me it was last years stock they were selling, that they couldn't get any new Dithane. Another fella told me that wasn't right as they'd seen it come off a truck this year and delivered to that very place.

Anyone know the real story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

johngalway wrote: »
    So what's the craic folks? I've heard various stories, people online can't seem to get it in a lot of places. I've heard it lost it's license, then got/applied for a new one. I asked one place it's for sale, they told me it was last years stock they were selling, that they couldn't get any new Dithane. Another fella told me that wasn't right as they'd seen it come off a truck this year and delivered to that very place.

Anyone know the real story?

Basically Dithane 945 license was revoked or expired (often happens were they have reviewed a product and changed its on label uses) and a grace period is allowed to use remaining old stocks. They then reapplied for a new license for Dithane 945.

http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/Docs/PPP_Update_Issue_3.pdf
    Potatoes
    Dithane 945 (fungicide) is now re-registered under PCS No 03705. The „old product‟
    (PCS No 91652) was revoked on 01/02/12 and has 6 months to sell, and can be
    used for a further 12 months until 01/08/13.

http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/
    Distribution and sale:
    6 months (from the date of Revocation) for distribution and sale of the product (from
    authorisation holder, wholesaler or retailer)
    Use:
    A further 12 months for use of the product by end users (i.e. 18 months from the date of
    Revocation)

Advertisement